Author Topic: Logos Calligraphy Copperplate class  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Intelsana

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Logos Calligraphy Copperplate class
« on: April 05, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Has anyone taken this calligraphy class? I would be curious to know if it’s worth the money:

https://learncopperplatecalligraphy.com

Offline Jenafer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Logos Calligraphy Copperplate class
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 08:27:14 PM »
I follow johnongcalligraphy on instagram and his posts are lessons from Logo's Calligraphy and he is really good, check out his profile so you can get an idea of the coursework. I've also been following her on instagram and she is extremely talented. With that said though I have been learning though free resources I started with Dr Vitolo's iBook and youtube video's and now started with Salman's tutorials on here and I think I'm getting a great Copperplate education for free.

Offline overthemoon

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:34:36 AM »
Sorry if this reply comes late.

I am totally agree with Jenafer.
I think you could first check out instagram as there are many people posting their work on the course.
That would help you know much more about the course content as well.

I personally think taking the online course really requires your self-discipline. Whether you can really make time and space to watch the video and do your own practice. Although it has lifetime access which could be great if you want to pick up calligraphy again later in life, falling behind the preset schedule could somehow make you feel bad.

Most importantly, I think it is important to train your eyes through practices, to know what you what to achieve and critique your own work/ practice. 

Just like what Jenafer said, there are many free resources here on the forum and IAMPETH.
There are also some very good videos on youtube.

Offline Intelsana

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
Thanks! I decided to pass on the class and will be using the resources in this forum and IAMPETH to learn copperplate

Offline Angelica acosta

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
i did take it, sorryf or the late reply.. it is totally worth it! it is super comprehensive if you are looking to make your flourishes better. bessts. angelica
Angélica Acosta
IG calligraphybarranquilla
FB Angelica Acosta