i am excited for this chat room!
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Julia K-P

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chat
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 02:10:05 AM »
Oooh, I'm another who would just sit in a chatroom nonstop and put my 2c in on every single discussion ... maybe it's safer not!

(I'd have to avoid it at work, and timezones would get in my way - all you Northern Hemisphere people! - but I'd still love it!)
I haz one word for ya! INSOMNIAC! <3 I got insomnia, bet I'm not the only one, so definately not going to be a problem *prays to fall asleep soon*
I'm a crazy little poet Yeah!

Offline Brad franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
Oooh, I'm another who would just sit in a chatroom nonstop and put my 2c in on every single discussion ... maybe it's safer not!

(I'd have to avoid it at work, and timezones would get in my way - all you Northern Hemisphere people! - but I'd still love it!)
I haz one word for ya! INSOMNIAC! <3 I got insomnia, bet I'm not the only one, so definately not going to be a problem *prays to fall asleep soon*

I know a little about that problem I say with a sarcastic little. I am right there with ya

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 01:46:09 PM »
Tell her your talking to Jake from State Farm!

That's hilarious, Brad. 
Debbie

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
A chat room is a fantastic idea! 
Debbie

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
Please make this happen Erica, the FF chats would be amazing!

PS: I would also like to request a Paypal donation button so whoever who wants to can donate to the Flourish Forum upkeep.. I know it is very expensive and would like to help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:55:20 PM by schin »
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline jaimelynne

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Please make this happen Erica, the FF chats would be amazing!

PS: I would also like to request a Paypal donation button so whoever who wants to can donate to the Flourish Forum upkeep.. I know it is very expensive and would like to help.

That is a great idea Schin!
Jaime Lynne

Offline Julia K-P

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 04:15:10 PM »

I know a little about that problem I say with a sarcastic little. I am right there with ya
Yep, no lack of people
I'm a crazy little poet Yeah!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 05:28:35 PM »
Funny... I was just going to post about the Chat Room update and saw your post Schin. I spent some time last night researching the options and looking at the coding necessary. I am definitely going to implement the chat room. The problem is it is a HUGE bandwidth eater so that means it uses more data which equals more moolah if we go over our data limit.

I need to figure out how to organize the forum for this year (on my to do list). But yes - a chat feature is in the works!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Funny... I was just going to post about the Chat Room update and saw your post Schin. I spent some time last night researching the options and looking at the coding necessary. I am definitely going to implement the chat room. The problem is it is a HUGE bandwidth eater so that means it uses more data which equals more moolah if we go over our data limit.

I need to figure out how to organize the forum for this year (on my to do list). But yes - a chat feature is in the works!

Ahem, I would like to once again request a Paypal donation button so we can help out when the bandwidth goes overboard... and considering what a rowdy bunch we are, it WILL go overboard lol...

Thanks again for all you do Erica, the flourish forum really is the glue holding us together!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »

Ahem, I would like to once again request a Paypal donation button so we can help out when the bandwidth goes overboard... and considering what a rowdy bunch we are, it WILL go overboard lol...

Thanks again for all you do Erica, the flourish forum really is the glue holding us together!
I'm with Schin. Flourish has enriched so many lives, I'm sure all of us would be more than happy to help support it!
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 05:39:04 AM »

Perfect Idea Schin,

No.1 on your 2015 to do list Erica- Add the Paypal button.
Newbies like me have got so much from you and all the great flourishers here,  this is just a small way to reciprocate.
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline Sarah Foutz

• Write on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
My husband tells me "chat" is my favorite word.  ;) i love the idea of a chat room but have a feeling he would get jealous that I'm taking to the computer more than him!

The pay pal button is an equally fantastic idea!

And between those FF upgrades, there goes all my time and money!!  :) :)
Sarah Pearl Foutz
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis
http://instagram.com/sarahpearlstudio

Offline lyndsaywrightdesign

• View Profile
    • Lyndsay Wright Design
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »

Do you mean bandwidth limit through the web host?
http://www.lyndsaywrightdesign.com
Instagram: lyndsaywrightdesign