Author Topic: Can anyone please help me with creating my own guidelines  (Read 10223 times)

Offline KarenDodo

• Freshman Member
  • Karen
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone please help me with creating my own guidelines
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »
Hi again, I'm battling to download this or even just print it from here, any tips? Tnx K

Offline KrzysiekS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 08:34:56 AM »
Sorry, I can't access fullsize computer to prepare screenshots.

Inside PDF iFrame (the rectangle where guidesheet is displayed) ought to be buttons with floppy disk and printer icon on them. In Chrome browser those buttons stay hidden near right lower corner of iFrame until you move mouse pointer there.

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 12:15:22 AM »
Hello Chicki

I found a paper grid and calligraphy line source. I believe there is one on here which is awesome but I also use Printablepaper.com There used to be a guy on line, from Italy I think, that had a GREAT sight. He was a mathamatician who designed various types of graphs, but you could set up the size and width of lines. So cool.
Im always looking for new printable sources... Let you know if I find anything new.

best wishes
Elizabeth

Offline KarenDodo

• Freshman Member
  • Karen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 04:30:10 AM »
Awesome thank you!

Offline Steve_H

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Steve Husting
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »
I make my own guidelines in Word.

First, I set the size to 10pt lettering. I then hold down the underscore and get a line across the page. Then I copy/paste the line down the page. I highlight the page and set it to about 50% opacity. I type "10pt" at the top left corner. So now I have a page of horizontal guidelines evenly spaced.

I do this over again on different pages, increasing the size to 12pt, 14pt, and 18pt, noting each one in the upper corner. So the Word document has different pages for different height horizontal guidelines.

Then I open a different Word document and draw a vertical line from top to bottom. Color it light blue. Then rotate the line so you get the slant you want. Copy/paste it across the page. Save the document according to the slant. I have guidelines-5deg-slant.doc, guidelines-10deg-slant.doc, guidelines-52deg-slant.doc. Note the slant in the upper right corner so it doesn't overwrite the horizontal pages' notice in the upper left corner.

So now you print out the horizontal line page onto your favorite paper, like Rhodia, then reinsert the page and print out the slant page you need. Pretty simple.

Offline jeanwilson

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Pushing the Envelopes
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
shipbrook.net/guidelines

you can change the color of the line to various shades of gray
also - non-retro blue is an option
you can change the space between lines as well as the angle of the slant lines.
you can save the docs you create

Offline Ken Fraser

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 04:15:18 AM »
I make my own guidelines in Word.

First, I set the size to 10pt lettering. I then hold down the underscore and get a line across the page. Then I copy/paste the line down the page. I highlight the page and set it to about 50% opacity. I type "10pt" at the top left corner. So now I have a page of horizontal guidelines evenly spaced.

I do this over again on different pages, increasing the size to 12pt, 14pt, and 18pt, noting each one in the upper corner. So the Word document has different pages for different height horizontal guidelines.

Then I open a different Word document and draw a vertical line from top to bottom. Color it light blue. Then rotate the line so you get the slant you want. Copy/paste it across the page. Save the document according to the slant. I have guidelines-5deg-slant.doc, guidelines-10deg-slant.doc, guidelines-52deg-slant.doc. Note the slant in the upper right corner so it doesn't overwrite the horizontal pages' notice in the upper left corner.

So now you print out the horizontal line page onto your favorite paper, like Rhodia, then reinsert the page and print out the slant page you need. Pretty simple.
I think that this is by far the simplest way. I make my own guidelines in a similar fashion using CorelDraw. After use I've saved them and I now have a large folder with every conceivable combination of sizes and slant angles. For a computer illiterate like myself, this is very easy to do. and is entirely flexible and adaptable.

For example : if I want, I can produce lines say 6mm apart with 12mm interline spacing as a grid or/and with slant lines of say 49 degrees. I can have a sheet printed out in black or in any degree of light colour, and ready for writing on, in less than 10 minutes. This file can, of course,  be saved for future use.

I've also discovered that if I reverse the image (left to right) and use slightly stronger black lines, I can turn the paper over and write on the reverse. In this way, there are no lines to remove!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:22:46 AM by Ken Fraser »

Offline Ian G

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 10:26:48 AM »
My first post here, I've been experimenting with Copperplate for about 6 months now. I tried a number of on-line guideline generators, but find the easiest thing is to take a ruler and rule a line from the bottom left to the top right corner of a piece of A4 paper. That gives an angle of 54.73 degrees. Close enough to 55 degrees. I use four pencil stubs taped together to draw equally spaced parallel diagonals, then horizontal lines. Ruling a piece of paper in this way is very quick and the lines can be erased.

Offline Daniel Mastrofski

• View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Daniel Mastrofski
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
Paul Antonio's new guidelines are amazing.  Go to his site to download them and watch his instructional video on how to use them!  They have really done the trick for me!
Instagram : @danielmastrofski

Offline Vipul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 01:26:21 AM »
I've compiled a lot of info from here and various places to make a consolidated post on guidelines. Hope this will help all guideline seekers :)
http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6233.0

Offline KarenDodo

• Freshman Member
  • Karen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:38 AM »
Thank you so much