Author Topic: Local Culture, Landmark, History Exchange Photos!  (Read 17802 times)

Offline Patricia C

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Local Culture, Landmark, History Exchange Photos!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »
Janice of List 7 asked us to post her cards, each with a different step to make pina cloth.  When all cards have been received, we will be ready to make cloth!  Be where do we get the pina (pineapple) leaves?

Janice, I received your mail last Friday! Very lovely and thank you sharing! ❤️ and as Judy said, piña is used for our barongs and filipiniana (Philippine Traditional dress)

Anyways,  here's step #6 :)
patricia c | manila, philippines | photographer, baker, web developer
http://instagram.com/plcabauatan
http://instagram.com/eurekamomentsph

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 08:00:19 AM »
I think everyone must have received my letter already so... here it is!

It had a letter with information about my area, a legend about a mythological creature in our dialect (with an english translation and image for you to understand it), a Faba (the bean used in our typical food Fabada) and a card with some qr codes to download the free official app about my city (if you are interested here go the link for iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/gijon-en-el-bolsillo/id591427060?mt=8 and PlayStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.blackbot.gijonbolsillo&hl=es ).

Also the envelopes were handmade with actual maps of my city, and the stamps feature our famous Ñ and some typical animals from Spain. I loved doing this exchange so much! Had a lot of fun putting all that together!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 10:21:03 AM »
And..... I drew an elephant :-\

It had a letter with information about my area, a legend about a mythological creature in our dialect (with an english translation and image for you to understand it), a Faba (the bean used in our typical food Fabada) and a card with some qr codes to download the free official app about my city (if you are interested here go the link for iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/gijon-en-el-bolsillo/id591427060?mt=8 and PlayStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.blackbot.gijonbolsillo&hl=es ).

Also the envelopes were handmade with actual maps of my city, and the stamps feature our famous Ñ and some typical animals from Spain. I loved doing this exchange so much! Had a lot of fun putting all that together!

That is such a LOT of work Alba and so beautiful
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
And..... I drew an elephant :-\

That is such a LOT of work Alba and so beautiful
-Prasad

Thanks Prasad! It really was a lot, but I was happy to do it! Now I will do a little summer break and then come again to exchanges with full energy!

Would love to see your elephant! Are you going to post it?
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline fridzleah

• Live Laugh Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 11:34:34 PM »
Here's my share in Local Culture Exchange, I think everyone from List 8 have received it  ;) :D

Aside from drinking, our Kapeng Barako coffee is also used as a medium in painting by our local artists... so I think it can also be used in Calligraphy just like walnut ink  ;) 
~ freida
http://instagram.com/fridzleah
~ Sanguine Wanderer ~

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »
Ah, I think I will share mine now. I decided to draw the Virginia state flower. :D

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 12:59:39 AM »
Here's mine. I enjoyed the heck out of doing these. since I'm from California I choose gold, white and yellow flowers liner. And I did some fun facts of the area I live in. Hope all the received it enjoyed the fun facts. Lol
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 01:53:34 AM »
Here's my share in Local Culture Exchange, I think everyone from List 8 have received it  ;) :D

Aside from drinking, our Kapeng Barako coffee is also used as a medium in painting by our local artists... so I think it can also be used in Calligraphy just like walnut ink  ;)
Haha, I also sent coffee :D about enough for a cup! I hope everyone received mine. List 2?
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »

Haha, I also sent coffee :D about enough for a cup! I hope everyone received mine. List 2?

You and Freida and your list groups must have had the nicest smelling envelopes and mailboxes! I love the smell of coffee beans. <3

Offline Sandeeee

• Never stop learning. Never stop writing.
    • View Profile
    • Sandeegraphy
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »
So happy that this was my first exchange! Learned so many beautiful things about your places.

These are my exchange. It doesn't have so much stuff since I wasn't sure what to put.

P.s. Sorry about the ink blots!
Sandee Suan - sandeegraphy.wordpress.com
"Never stop learning. Never stop feeling. Never stop writing."
@sandeegraphy

Offline IowaPharm2014

• Freshman Member
  • Iowa Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »
So happy that this was my first exchange! Learned so many beautiful things about your places.

These are my exchange.

I really like the matting with washi tape, Sandeeee. That's such a cute idea!

Offline fridzleah

• Live Laugh Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »

You and Freida and your list groups must have had the nicest smelling envelopes and mailboxes! I love the smell of coffee beans. <3

That's one of my reasons why chose coffee  ;)
~ freida
http://instagram.com/fridzleah
~ Sanguine Wanderer ~

Offline chiarag

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
Here's mine. I enjoyed the heck out of doing these. since I'm from California I choose gold, white and yellow flowers liner. And I did some fun facts of the area I live in. Hope all the received it enjoyed the fun facts. Lol

Can't wait for receiving it  8)

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 12:08:59 AM »
Rant and rave time :(

Need a huge favour from people in List 8 who received my letter.  Please take a picture of the handwritten part and send it to me by Email?

Had a disaster in the office and the file with my Exchange stuff got destroyed :( :( :( :(
Silver lining- I had kept all "received stuff" separately and that is OK.  Would have gone Kill Bill on the office staff if that had gone too :)

Thanks in advance
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline krixieaz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »

Got it Natascha! I am a coffee lover so I can't wait to try these out. Thank you!!!!
Should I hazard a guess that my mail hasn't arrived yet?  :-[