Author Topic: 2017 Flourish Forum Exchange List  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
2017 Flourish Forum Exchange List
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »
It's that time of year again! Last year was a bit of mix for exchanges. Some people became overwhelmingly busy and had trouble getting their exchanges out on time [sheepishly raises hand] and some exchanges had lower sign ups. Flourish is constantly evolving as members leave and arrive - it is the nature of forums.

So this year, I have made a little less ambitious schedule of exchanges. Still a nice variety and will be lots of fun! Now that I break up the lists into levels, any exchange can be considered advanced. Just do your thing!

I also included a new kind of "exchange" - the Flourish Forum Share. These Shares will allow anyone to participate, no signing up necessary so if you run out of time it isn't a problem, encourages more sharing on Flourish, and gives an opportunity for some community love and sharing. See details below.

I will be setting up threads for each of the Flourish Shares. Just post your share whenever you want.  ;D

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – Consider your schedule carefully before signing up for an exchange. Your list members are counting on you! :-) Be creative – write a letter, a poem, or a story; use a new tool, or a new style. The exchanges are a chance to flex your creative muscle, have fun, learn new things, expand your repertoire, and play.

1. Give Me Your Heart – Celebrate all things love and friendship in honor of Valentine's Day!
2. Improbable Items – What crazy item can you get through the mail? Let's find out! Nothing perishable, breathing, (or illegal – check your local postal regulations). No wrapping. Address label must be in calligraphy. (Consider cost, both for the item and for stamps, before signing up.)
3. Thank A MailPerson Forum Share - While we are challenging all of those wonderful mail people, let's say thanks! February 4th is national Thank A Mailman Day. Calligraph a special thank you for your mail carrier and post a photo on the forum.
4. Yummy Yum Yum – Calligraph your favorite recipe - 5x7 size – to share with friends.
5. Poem in Your Pocket Forum Share – April 24th is “Poem in Your Pocket” Day. The day encourages people to “carry your favorite poem in your pocket to share with your friends and family.” Let's calligraph our favorite poem and share on Flourish!
6. Catch a Wave – We got so busy last year, this exchange passed us by – so let's catch this wave this time around! Ocean, Sea, River, Lake and all the accessories: mermaids, fish, sailboats, anchors, or pirates – Show us what you love about the water.
7. Cheer Up the Lonely Challenge – July 11th is “Cheer Up the Lonely” Day. Accept this challenge and send some cheery calligraphy to your local nursing home with a message to share with someone who doesn't receive any visitors or mail. Share a photo on Flourish.
8. Haunted Hellos – An annual favorite celebrating Halloween or Day of the Dead!
9. Holiday | Winter – The ever-popular end of the year exchange in honor of all things holiday and happy.

The only requirements are:

1. Although the exchanges do not have to be handmade, some kind of calligraphy should be used on the inside and envelope.
2. You will send an exchange to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your exchange after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline via the form. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:26:20 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline clemencecruz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Life in Letters
Re: 2017 Flourish Forum Exchange List
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:20:39 PM »
So excited to join again, especially for 1, 4, and 5! :D
Clemence
LifeLettersInk || Facebook || Instagram || Tumblr
Let's be friends! :)

Offline claire lander

• waves_and_grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:46:16 AM »
yay, thanks Erica - was obviously some ESP going on there...

list sounds great!

best wishes

Claire
dreamer...

Offline Angelabcdefgh

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »
Yay thanks Erica! The list look great. Can't wait to join them 😊

Offline handmadeletters

• Janice Reyes
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Letters
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »
This is awesome, @Erica McPhee ! Thank you for all you do!

Offline cherlotuspixel

• I'm a purple princess!
    • View Profile
    • Cher's Creative Space
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:30 PM »
Hooray!! Excited for these!
Full-time Interior Designer & blogger. I blog at Cher's Creative Space.
Some of my works are on Instagram too.

Offline BeckyPark

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »
Thanks for putting this together again, Erica! Hope to be a bit more active on here this year! :)

Offline Lauryn

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:26:18 PM »
Yay!!! Can't wait! I loved the first exchanges I got to participate in for 2016 and am so excited about doing more in 2017!

Offline joanchui (@little_art_suite)

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 03:18:40 AM »
Eric, Thank you for arranging!! Excited to learn, practice and exchange more in 2017!

ash0kgiri

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »
Hi Erica,

Thanks for the detailed mail and really appreciate the efforts you are putting into all this.
The list looks fabulous. So Excited as always :D

- Ashok

Offline Mabel

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »
It's that time of year again! Last year was a bit of mix for exchanges. Some people became overwhelmingly busy and had trouble getting their exchanges out on time [sheepishly raises hand] and some exchanges had lower sign ups. Flourish is constantly evolving as members leave and arrive - it is the nature of forums.

So this year, I have made a little less ambitious schedule of exchanges. Still a nice variety and will be lots of fun! Now that I break up the lists into levels, any exchange can be considered advanced. Just do your thing!

I also included a new kind of "exchange" - the Flourish Forum Share. These Shares will allow anyone to participate, no signing up necessary so if you run out of time it isn't a problem, encourages more sharing on Flourish, and gives an opportunity for some community love and sharing. See details below.

I will be setting up threads for each of the Flourish Shares. Just post your share whenever you want.  ;D

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – Consider your schedule carefully before signing up for an exchange. Your list members are counting on you! :-) Be creative – write a letter, a poem, or a story; use a new tool, or a new style. The exchanges are a chance to flex your creative muscle, have fun, learn new things, expand your repertoire, and play.

1. Give Me Your Heart – Celebrate all things love and friendship in honor of Valentine's Day!
2. Improbable Items – What crazy item can you get through the mail? Let's find out! Nothing perishable, breathing, (or illegal – check your local postal regulations). No wrapping. Address label must be in calligraphy. (Consider cost, both for the item and for stamps, before signing up.)
3. Thank A MailPerson Forum Share - While we are challenging all of those wonderful mail people, let's say thanks! February 4th is national Thank A Mailman Day. Calligraph a special thank you for your mail carrier and post a photo on the forum.
4. Yummy Yum Yum – Calligraph your favorite recipe - 5x7 size – to share with friends.
5. Poem in Your Pocket Forum Share – April 24th is “Poem in Your Pocket” Day. The day encourages people to “carry your favorite poem in your pocket to share with your friends and family.” Let's calligraph our favorite poem and share on Flourish!
6. Catch a Wave – We got so busy last year, this exchange passed us by – so let's catch this wave this time around! Ocean, Sea, River, Lake and all the accessories: mermaids, fish, sailboats, anchors, or pirates – Show us what you love about the water.
7. Cheer Up the Lonely Challenge – July 11th is “Cheer Up the Lonely” Day. Accept this challenge and send some cheery calligraphy to your local nursing home with a message to share with someone who doesn't receive any visitors or mail. Share a photo on Flourish.
8. Haunted Hellos – An annual favorite celebrating Halloween or Day of the Dead!
9. Holiday | Winter – The ever-popular end of the year exchange in honor of all things holiday and happy.

The only requirements are:

1. Although the exchanges do not have to be handmade, some kind of calligraphy should be used on the inside and envelope.
2. You will send an exchange to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your exchange after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline via the form. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!

Wonderful Erica !!! Thank you !!! I'm excited to start.  :)

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
I can't wait for the improbable items one :D
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline vickeelopez

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 02:56:03 AM »
Thank you, Erica, for the advanced notice! I wanted to try the holiday exchange, but I didn't because I wouldn't be able to meet the deadline, since I have a hard time sending out my Christmas cards on time! I will try participating in at least one this year! It sounds like fun! Vickee

Offline katianaval

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 05:41:36 AM »
So cool! I've never joined an exchange and looking into changing that fact this year :) Thanks, as always, Erica!
Katia | Manila, Philippines
Instagram: thedesignhobbyist

Offline Mabel

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »
Dear Erica:
I'm about to send the exchange "Give me your heart" and wanted to inform you that I will participate in the following exchanges in 2017: the 5,6,8 and 9.
Thank you for your dedication to "Flourish Forum"
Regards

Mabel :)