Author Topic: My Calligraphy Wedding Invitations  (Read 1628 times)

Offline ChristenAllocco

• View Profile
    • Allocco Design and Crafts
My Calligraphy Wedding Invitations
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:30:51 PM »
Hi Flourish Friends!

So I'm getting married in March and designed my wedding invitations and thought I would share! When you're a calligrapher, you have to pull out all the stops! Haha.

I created a greeting card style invite with "The Turneys" (Turney will be my married name) on the front, a handmade pocket on the inside to hold the details card, RSVP card and RSVP envelope, and a pasted red insert with the wedding information. I wrote the spot calligraphy by hand and scanned it in and did the greeting card engrossing and flourishes on my iPad. I had the invites screenprinted in gold by a local printer.

Finished them off by packaging them in high quality tracing paper (why does Hobby Lobby not have vellum?!), wrapping with gold string and sealing with red wax. And of course, I addressed all the envelopes by hand and had a custom return address stamp made. It was a LOT of work, but I'm so happy with the results.

Thanks for letting me share!  ;D (Also, some photos are bigger than others and I can't figure out why? I'm just gonna leave them haha).

-Christen

Christen
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: My Calligraphy Wedding Invitations
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »
These are SOOOOO beautiful Christen! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Wow - your guests will be in awe! Thank you for sharing with us.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:12:23 PM »
GORGEOUS!  I'm so happy you shared these!  Such lovely details and colors, and your script is so beautiful.  *clap clap clap*

Offline suwarni

• Freshman Member
  • love by Christ and living by His grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:25:42 AM »
wow, it is so beautifull...  ;D
Rgds, Suwarni

Calligraper, mom, wife, accountant.

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »
Quite beautiful. I might use one of these pictures to show to people who say that I could do wedding invitations, and I have to patiently explain that I am so far from a qualified calligrapher that I shouldn't get anywhere near an invitation or envelope. Your pictures show so very well what they're supposed to look like.

Thanks for sharing, and best wishes for your upcoming wedding!!!
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
Absolutely beautiful!
Teresa

Offline ChristenAllocco

• View Profile
    • Allocco Design and Crafts
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words, friends! I had a lot of fun with them and knew you all would appreciate them a little differently than the average joe.

@AAAndrew haha, I'm sure you could do it! I think the tricky part for a lot of calligraphers is actually the computer aspects. I work as half calligrapher, half graphic designer and I know that if I didn't have the design background I would have had to pay someone to do all the Illustrator work for me. And thank you for your well wishes!
Christen
Instagram