Author Topic: Hello from North Carolina!  (Read 604 times)

Offline AshleyBaxterCurry

• Freshman Member
  • Bankruptcy attorney who loves calligraphy
    • View Profile
Hello from North Carolina!
« on: January 12, 2021, 02:40:43 PM »
My name is Ashley, and I was born, raised, and currently reside in North Carolina.  I received my undergraduate degree in Economics and Political Science in 2003 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Go Tar Heels!).  I then obtained my J.D. from Campbell University's Norman A. Wiggins School of Law, and started practicing law in 2009.  I currently practice solely in the field of consumer bankruptcy.  I am married, and my husband and I have an almost 5-year-old daughter. 

I have been obsessed with handwriting ever since I was little, so it was only natural that I gravitated toward calligraphy.  I just began learning calligraphy in September, 2020, and I am in the midst of courses with Becca Courtice of The Happy Ever Crafter, learning modern calligraphy with both pointed pen and brush pens.  For my next steps, I want to become proficient in copperplate, and love to ultimately earn a little cash on the side addressing wedding envelopes.  Fun fact:  I am left-handed! 

I look forward to learning a multitude of information from this forum, and hope to provide meaningful contributions!   

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
Re: Hello from North Carolina!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:04:48 AM »
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're off to a great start :). This forum is a great place for additional information and the friendliest of people.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:10:08 AM »
Welcome Ashley,
There is an entire board dedicated to lefties so be sure to check that out! Lots of good tips. Also, we have some good tutorials for Copperplate. I highly recommend anyone serious about learning Engrosser’s Script / Copperplate check out Nina Tran @anintran on Instagram and if possible, take a workshop from her.
Have fun!  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
The Left-Handed Lettering Lawyer!  Welcome to the forum, Ashley!

Offline Sally Ellington

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 09:07:28 PM »
Welcome, Ashley. Younghae from Logos calligraphy is a left-handed instructor that offers on-line courses. She would also be a good option for you. Have fun on your journey. :D

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 07:41:31 PM »
A late welcome from Durham, NC! Welcome, and glad to have you here.
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/