Author Topic: Please read regarding emails!  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Please read regarding emails!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »
But, still, the universe is not revengeful; it's not something you deserve.  It's just that they're all a bunch of idiots! 
We need your address so we can shower you with pen love.

I love this way of looking at it. I think you are right! Thanks for making me feel better!  :)

If anyone needs my new address, please DM me.  ;D  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »
Thank you also Schin, Elizabeth, Elaina, Scarlet, Estefa, and Pointed Broad. It does make me feel better.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline ericp

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »
Wow!  What a list of scr*w-ups!   :o  :o  :o  :o

Sending out a strong wave of positive vibes.
The weekend is here, make it a good one!
Take care!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 02:17:49 PM »
Thank you Eric!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 02:20:16 PM »
Just went out and my car battery is dead... third time ... in the less than a year since we bought it brand new.

Seriously ... does someone know a spell I can say, séance I can do, *something* to turn this around. (I've already smudged the house - you'd be superstitious, too if you were me.) I'm a pretty positive person but I'm ready to crawl in a hole.  :'(
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline dancingfish

• View Profile
    • dancingfish
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 02:34:12 PM »
Just went out and my car battery is dead... third time ... in the less than a year since we bought it brand new.

Seriously ... does someone know a spell I can say, séance I can do, *something* to turn this around. (I've already smudged the house - you'd be superstitious, too if you were me.) I'm a pretty positive person but I'm ready to crawl in a hole.  :'(

Hi Erica,

I had that happen to me with the car battery, and found out that there wasn't anything wrong with the batteries (and yes, I'd bought replacements at first!), but the alternator had gone faulty.  So maybe you can have that checked.

See!  It really isn't you  :)  Sometimes when it rains, it pours, and it's frustrating, but eventually the sun shines again.  I hope your sun comes out soon!

Offline ericp

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 03:29:58 PM »
Incredible!   You *have* to write a novel about this now.  Must be a spooked out house.  Try writing Poltergeist in copperplate a hundred times, then turn around seven times, jump up and down seven times and then it will all go away.

Also:  to avoid any further incidents, whatever you do:   do NOT (I repeat do NOT) leave the dog alone in the house with the jar of sumi ink   :P

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
And you are a Jewel
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:10:43 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »
Erica, if you can get a car electrician to look at your car. Someone that specializes in the electronics.

They'll be able to tell if it's something with the alternator, and if not they can see what parts of the car are drawing the most electricity and be able to track down what's causing the battery to die out.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 10:08:39 PM »
View from the back stoop tonight - a picture to distract Erica from her troubles.
Ev

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »

Well, my grandmother would be dousing everything in holy water right about now, so you could give that a try. Just head to the nearest Catholic church and look for something that looks like a water cooler with a cross on it, and fill up a little bottle.  Then, take it home, pour some in a bowl and take a sprig from a pine tree or similar, dip it in the bowl to get the needles wet and then fling it so that little drops of holy water go everywhere.  :)  That's how we do it in church. 
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline sybillevz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 04:15:13 AM »
Did you happen to break a mirror during your move ?
If not, be grateful : it's not going to last 7 years  ;D

More seriously, I hope things get better for you and your family and you'll soon have a very lucky week to forget all about it... Maybe it's time to buy a lottery ticket ?

Sending you hugs and good karma from Belgium  ;)

Offline elsa.d

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »
Oh Erica! I know how it feels for one thing after another to go horribly wrong! I find these things generally come in waves that nearly drown you. I'm sorry! Here's to hoping that you'll be relaxing in the beach rather than nearly drowning sometime very soon!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
Thank you everyone! Your kind comments gave me much happiness and a few good chuckles!

They actually did replace the alternator the first time it happened when the car was 2 months old. I think i just got a lemon.

This is how my whole life has been ... it *does* happen in cycles. My mom says all the time I should write a book because no one would believe it. But the good news is ... it's usually petty things that just pile up. I can deal with that.

I have not held a calligraphy pen in over 6 weeks. I cannot wait to get back to what makes me happy!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2016, 01:07:41 PM »
I have not held a calligraphy pen in over 6 weeks.

Ack!  Emergency!  Emergency!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:40:12 PM by evjo »
Ev