Author Topic: Is it Really Free?  (Read 34384 times)

Offline ernie_tan

• View Profile
Re: Is it Really Free?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 02:05:23 AM »
Hi Erica,

I knew your forum from someone here who told me you are so sweet for making this forum and shares so many things. (Bummer that I forgot whom! If you (readers) think that you are the person, please tell me so, because I want to thank your sharing as well.)

Thank you for your generosity and your kindness for sharing, Erica. I am amazed by your endurance and patience in living your amazing life. I am certain all of us acknowledge your positive attitude.

I still remembered that I post a new thread at 'Tool & Supplies' about getting calligraphy supplies in Indonesia. You have tried to help me by giving information about the sellers. I appreciated it very much. I have a good news for you, Erica. After a loooong searching, I have calligraphy tools already :) I have 2 holders and a few nibs. I practice almost every day. Even I don't have access to buy good quality of practice paper, I tried many brands of notebook that can hold calligraphy ink. After I found a descent one, I started practice from your tutorials.

When I printed out all the tutorials you have given us, I thought, 'Here is someone who is so generous and put all the heart and soul by providing these, I MUST PRACTICE HARD.' I am a newbie, but hopefully someday I (or some or all of us) can make you proud.

So, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!

Ernie

p.s Please forgive my English if it confused you because English is my second language.
Ernie Tan
IG: ernietan.calligraphy | Practice makes progress.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »
Thank you Sharon, Janis, Natascha, and Ernie. Your kind words mean the world to me. Each and every one lift me up and fill me with love.

Flourish has grown beyond my wildest dreams. And it makes me happy every single day that we have all come together, formed new friends, and share in this beautiful art.

Thank you!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline jadehawk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 11:01:21 PM »
Hi Erica. Just wanted to say a few words, I landed at this forum while searching for copperplate info, After reading your post I had to reply here and say Thank you for your work and allowing people like me to learn from you.

I am no calligrapher and i don't even own a calligraphy pen, I just started with fountain pens and I may not be able right now to take advantage of all there is to gain in this forum, I am thankful I can see some examples of nice calligraphy and it reminds me of what my mom was able to do back in the day as she loved calligraphy and had her own book where she collected her work.

Thank you once more...

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 09:10:03 PM »
That is so thoughtful of you jadehawk. Thank you for your post. Any calligraphy admirer is a friend of mine!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline nicnilla

• Freshman Member
  • graphic designer and ink lover from germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
Erica, I am floored and moved to tears by your words.
I only wanted to thank you for all that you do for us,
I really appreciate all the information and calligraphy
insights I can find in this forum. I am amazed at the
warm welcome I have experienced and I am looking
forward to spending many happy hours online. And
even offline I am starting to get involved and I love
it so much. It is so hard to find other people who are
willing to talk about ink, pens and paper and I cherish
finding just this group of people here.
So thank you, thank you so much!
Best wishes,
Nicole

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Thank you so much Nicole for your very sweet message! I'm so happy you are enjoying and making connections! Hooray!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline jafix

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Jafix Grafix Design & Calligraphy
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:24 PM »
What you give to others freely, generously and without strings will always be returned 100 fold.  Thank YOU for sharing freely, generously and without strings!!!!  YOU are inspiring me to teach!!!  Thank YOU!!!  Jenny
Jenny

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »
Thanks Jenny!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Diane5

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
This forum is really amazing.  I too have been interested in calligraphy since I was 10!  I have always loved it but never pursued to excel at it.  Your lessons and this forum are a wonderful place to learn and improve.  It is unlike other sites in that it is so full of relevant information for novices.  It also makes the journey feel like a process rather than an impossible goal.  It is very approachable and addictive and you are unlike the other calligraphy "experts" on the web.

I am excited about calligraphy again ! Yay!

Offline calligrafolie

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »
Hi Erica,

Just wanna join the others to thank you for your generosity. I found the forum while googling for calligraphy tips and local supplies and voila, Ernie's post on the forum came up. I haven't posted much, but I've read a lot and this forum and its lovely people has equipped me so much in the last couple of months. Your tutorials and tips are very friendly and easy to understand and it is also amazing to be connected with people around the world!

Again, many many thanks, Erica!

Maria

Offline lemonpassion

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 03:12:03 AM »
Also adding my heartfelt thanks for your generosity, Erica! The pointed pen lessons have been a really great help in improving my writing. :)
Hi, I'm Mapet!
Instagram! | Flickr

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 11:46:54 AM »
Thanks so much Diane, Maria, and Mapet! I really appreciate your very kind words. And I am so glad the forum is helping you learn calligraphy!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Julia K-P

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
I am glad this is here. I honestly wasn't thinking much about calligraphy when i got my dip pen, but now thanks to this forum I have realised what I can eventually do. (Oh BOY does that sound cheezy) anyway, thank you.
I'm a crazy little poet Yeah!

Offline angeliqueink

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 07:58:44 PM »
Erica,

I am new to the forum and just read this post. I've just been moved to tears by your story, your words, your generous spirit, and what you are doing here! I've been doing modern calligraphy for five years and have built myself a fairly successful little business, though I've never taken the time to learn a traditional calligraphy style. Hats off to you for your desire to bridge the gap between contemporary and modern calligraphers! In one simple post you have just INSPIRED me to dive in and learn some traditional calligraphy styles in order to develop new skills and refine the ones I already have. Thank you for this and for everything you are doing.

<3
angi

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »
Hi Angi,
Thanks so much for this sweet post. I'm so happy to have inspired you. Congrats on your business, too! Welcome to Flourish!  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram