Author Topic: Sharing External Links- Please Read  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Sharing External Links- Please Read
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
Hello all you wonderful forum members!

I am so happy the forum now has over 725 members! This is a truly caring and sharing group and I feel it is such an honor you all have joined us here. The forum has been a great success because of all your sharing of advice, your beautiful work, and resources.

There is one thing I would like to mention in regard to sharing external links. Please be thoughtful before posting a link and consider the following:

• Sharing a blog, web reference, or YouTube video is usually A-OK - as these are put into the public domain with the intent to share with a general audience.
  • Linking to a personal calligrapher's website I get a little more hesitant about because they are usually sharing their site in the hopes to attract business - not necessarily to attract the attention of other calligraphers. The exception to this would be those calligraphers who are sharing their experiences and information, with intent, to other lettering artists.
  • Linking to a calligrapher's Etsy site - not OK unless listed in the supplies and/or resource sections.
  • Linking to IAMPETH -- this is another one where I would like you to exercise caution. IAMPETH is an AMAZING resource and I strongly encourage everyone to spend time at their fabulous site. I also encourage everyone to support IAMPETH by joining it as it is, after all, an association. What I don't want is for the forum to become a repository of IAMPETH links. The members of IAMPETH have worked hard to create a very content rich, valuable resource and while I want us to be a support network, I don't want us to become a resource hog. I want us to be respectful, calligraphy community members.

I hope this is well received as I have only the best intentions. Everyone's contributions here are what have made us so successful so far. I wish for us to continue our own creation of valuable content for calligraphers far and wide.

Thanks for reading everyone.  :) 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:13:35 PM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline shandra23

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sharing External Links- Please Read
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
Thanks for this!

Offline paulette8

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 01:47:59 PM »
Thanks for mentioning IAMPETH. I had no idea it existed! This is a mine gold of valuable information.
Paulette

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 08:14:24 PM »
It really is @paulette8 - a real treat of information! Happy you have discovered it!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram