Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
@Fayep81 I'm sure it'll be a better one than the plastic one!
Enjoy writing with your new holder & the walnut ink  :D
Introductions / Re: Hello from Russia
« Last post by Tarara on Today at 06:18:45 AM »
@AAAndrew, @ash0kgiri thanks-thanks!
Haha I'm still working on my script to post something.
Historical and Modern, English and Spanish Italic Calligraphy, workshop/retreat in the beautiful Duddon Valley in England's Lake District
http://calligraphycumbria.co.uk/
5. Example.

-Hans
4. Example.

-Hans
3. example.

-Hans
This is another example of the above topic.

-Hans
Hi!
I just found this little notebook instruction/update, concerning shipbuilding, I beleive to be British naval construction office note, circa: start of the 1800's, I am not aware of the exact date of origin. It was hidden in the Danish national archives (Rigsarkivet).
I hope it can inspire/Help or just being admired, because I can just stare at such handwriting for hours!
More will come.(e.i.: size of file!)
Sincere,
Hans
Introductions / Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest
« Last post by Bianca M on June 27, 2017, 05:35:04 PM »
Welcome!
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: A cautionary tale on posture
« Last post by Raayynuh on June 27, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
I also have to add in with everyone else - nothing has helped my back/neck problems and posture more than yoga. With a bone spur in my neck I used to have issues daily, especially days after lengthy calligraphy sessions (which really bummed me out!). I started doing yoga 3x a week along with strength training and it has made an enormous difference. I wish I had started sooner. Now my flareups are very minimal and usually after doing projects that put me in weird positions, like mirror wedding signage.

I do recommend going to a 'beginner's yoga' class or a slower yoga class with very attentive teachers when you start off. Once I started learning proper form and alignment, that's when yoga really started transforming me. Unfortunately, it's really easy to do 'bad yoga' without a teacher guiding you in form, at least from my experience.

It's great to see so many calligraphers doing yoga! *waves*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10