Author Topic: Dear Diary Advanced Exchange 2016--Results  (Read 13848 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Dear Diary Advanced Exchange 2016--Results
« on: March 21, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »
This thread will be a place to post the results of this exchange at the appropriate time, which will be after the exchange closes plus a little on March 31. No posting of results 'till then, please, other than acknowledgements of receipt. This is so much fun.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Diary Advanced Exchange 2016--Results
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 06:13:03 PM »
I am very pleased to mention I have received today my first letter in this exchange, from Inked botanicals. Alba, it is fantastic. I have followed your instructions to the letter with great effect. Thank you so much. After everyone on list 1 has received theirs and after March 31, I would be happy to share it with everyone here if you would like. I'll not share its secrets 'till then.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:15:10 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »
I am very pleased to mention I have received today my first letter in this exchange, from Inked botanicals. Alba, it is fantastic. I have followed your instructions to the letter with great effect. Thank you so much. After everyone on list 1 has received theirs and after March 31, I would be happy to share it with everyone here if you would like. I'll not share its secrets 'till then.

Glad to know!  ;D I mailed all of them together, so they must be arriving soon for everybody. You can share it then, of course!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 07:31:02 AM »
I received mine from Grace Edmands - Thank you, Grace!!
Mine have been posted today.

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 04:06:36 PM »
I sent mine out today. You all will immediately be able to tell that fancy envelopes are not a skill set of mine.  ::)

I just hope the contents make up for the modest covering.

Now I'm intrigued by the hint of something that requires instructions. My pedestrian mind keeps coming back to the old Mad Magazine back page folding picture where you fold the page to form a different picture.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Fold-in

Somehow I don't think this is what is happening with Alba's (I'm sure) masterpiece.  :D
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
Now I'm intrigued by the hint of something that requires instructions. My pedestrian mind keeps coming back to the old Mad Magazine back page folding picture where you fold the page to form a different picture.
One must be of a certain, ahem, mature age to understand that reference. I do. In fact, I still have the cardboard record She Got a Nose Job. Now there's a classic.

Somehow I don't think this is what is happening with Alba's (I'm sure) masterpiece.  :D
Quite right. All will be revealed at the appropriate time.

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 07:14:20 PM »
I sent mine out today. You all will immediately be able to tell that fancy envelopes are not a skill set of mine.  ::)

I just hope the contents make up for the modest covering.

Well, it did require a bit of folding but for another very different result. I think the intrigue about the instructions is making very high expectations! (Masterpiece, he said!  :o :o )
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Elisabeth_M

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:08 PM »
I have chosen a rather long letter for the exchange--2 pages typed--and I'm starting to think I will have to choose another as I have yet to get through even the first page without making a mistake.  Grrr....  I am committed to sending them out on time however, I just hope I get a string of good luck in between now and the send date so that I can send my first choice letter!
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.  --Carl Sagan

Instagram

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:57:24 PM »
Elisabeth, you are not alone.

How many different letters I was going to use for this exchange:  4
How many I did use:  1
How many letters I started:  7
How many I messed up and tossed:  3 
How many letters have words of the last sentence in the correct order:  1

The good news:  how many letters I will get out on time:  all of them - hurrah!
Ev

Offline VictoriaP

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »
For everyone in List 2, I just mailed mine today! :)

Offline Estherp

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »
Hi List 11,

I mailed out the letters from Singapore to all 4 based in USA on 22 March! Hope you gals will get them next week!

:)
~ Esther ~
https://instagram.com/biaohui/
Calligrapher, Pen lover✒, Compulsive hoarder 😔

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
Hi List 11,

I mailed out the letters from Singapore to all 4 based in USA on 22 March! Hope you gals will get them next week!

:)
Great.
(Mail from Singapore to the US has been running 2-3 weeks though).

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
I didn't proofread mine, I thought it would be too soul destroying  :D. Yay, I sent out pieces of paper with writing on, what's not to love?  ;D ;D

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 01:00:37 PM »
I ended up writing the letter I chose so many times. At first I tried to copy the letter forms from the original, but they were so eccentric that I kept messing up and being inconsistent. And I was trying to write it completely without any guidelines or lines of any kind, just like the original. I didn't do so bad with that, but not so great either. And then I wrote out a version I thought was good, then copied it twice before I realized I had forgotten a whole section. A common mistake of the copyist!

I ended up just writing it using my regular correspondence hand. By now I could almost write it out from memory with only a few promptings. But it was fun for me at least. I make no guarantees for my readers.  ::)

I'm sure, Scarlet, that any mistakes you made will look so good they'll be taken for how it was supposed to be.

Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline Ergative

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »
I ended up writing the letter I chose so many times. At first I tried to copy the letter forms from the original, but they were so eccentric that I kept messing up and being inconsistent. And I was trying to write it completely without any guidelines or lines of any kind, just like the original. I didn't do so bad with that, but not so great either. And then I wrote out a version I thought was good, then copied it twice before I realized I had forgotten a whole section. A common mistake of the copyist!

I ended up just writing it using my regular correspondence hand. By now I could almost write it out from memory with only a few promptings. But it was fun for me at least. I make no guarantees for my readers.  ::)

I'm sure, Scarlet, that any mistakes you made will look so good they'll be taken for how it was supposed to be.

I wrote out mine many, many times. For the entire duration of the exchange, whenever I just wanted to unwind with some calligraphy I'd sit down and write another copy. And then this weekend I discovered that the paper I'd been planning to use didn't really fit nicely in any of my envelopes, so I set out to write several more copies on better fitting (but less smooth) paper. The original letter was typewritten, so I just reinterpreted how it would look if the writer had decided to use calligraphy.
Clara