Author Topic: Stationery addicts unite!  (Read 10765 times)

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
Re: Stationery addicts unite!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 10:14:22 AM »
For those who like the Italian stationary and the vintage-y looking ones, have you tried looking at The Graphics Fairy website?  She scans in vintage graphics whose copyrights have expired (so early 20th century or older) and offers them for free on her website.  If you follow @schin 's instagram, you will have seen some examples in the signs she made for IAMPETH. I love the typography ones and the frames and banners which make great stationery that you can print yourself.  These are some great examples.

Her only request is that you don't use more than 6 graphics in any one project.

These are great! I used to do a little of this myself. Old Vanity Fair magazines from the 19th-century are a great resource as they had a lot of illustrations.

I use one for my own stationery. It's from an issue of Vanity Fair in 1864. I call him my Dapper Rat.

Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:59 AM »

This was my haul when I went to Melodies Graphiques in Paris, still haven't used the notecards, they're too pretty and special!

...that little J Herbin box... I don't even care what's in it. That's the kind of thing that makes my pulse pick up! LOL!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 02:12:53 AM »
I have been MAKING stationery since I can remember when. It started in my teens , creating them for friends and family, then people seemed to expect them and I kept creating.  There is something about putting various creations on cards that I love so.  The ability to create and send ideas and beautiful thoughts through pictures and designs.... sending a bit of eye candy for you to feast on.....  some pics look better then others.

ash0kgiri

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31:32 PM »
Wow they are all beautiful. You reminded me of my school & college days when I used to make greeting for every occasions for friends as we never got pocket money to spend of such things.