Author Topic: Speedball is going to publish Paul Antonio's Copperplate Script Manual  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Monica

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Speedball is going to publish Paul Antonio's Manual in Copperplate script...and is going to be amazing! I can't wait till is out. I found out on facebook.
Monica in Pennsylvania

Offline AmandaW

• Freshman Member
  • It's all about the greys.
    • View Profile
    • a.a.williams
Paul also talked about the book during demonstrations at John Neal and another in Canada. I don't use facebook so I don't know if the videos of the talks were broadcast there, but both are on  Periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/PAScribe/1YpKkdZOoOAGj?

Then there's another video on Youtube from a talk given for the Fort Worth Calligraphers' Guild and Kaligrafos:

Offline Tasmith

• View Profile
    • Todd A. Smith Photography, LLC
Really enjoy watching Paul Antonio's videos.  Amazing talent and a great teacher.
Todd

Offline brandonC

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
About 1:25:00 he talks about how he makes squared tops.  Sounds like he said he draws a straight line across to start it.   Not sure I'm understanding right.   Square edges is an area I've been focused on.

Offline AmandaW

• Freshman Member
  • It's all about the greys.
    • View Profile
    • a.a.williams
@brandonC The square tops with the starting line are demonstrated in this periscope video - it's all interesting but the bit about the squaring begins at 11:28
https://www.periscope.tv/PAScribe/1yoKMrbWEONGQ?

Offline brandonC

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Wow.  Thanks.  Finished my evening trying this technique out.  :)

Offline cejohnson

• View Profile
Monica - thank you for posting this. I had not heard of Paul Antonio so I checked him out on YouTube. He has an interesting teaching style. I love watching various masters at work and appreciate the members of this forum sharing these tidbits of information.

- Catherine
"The expert at anything was once a beginner." - Helen Hayes

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Yeah!!  Speedball + Paul Antonio should be a wonderful, winning combination!!

Janis

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
Paul Antonio is going to be in Texas next month for anyone who is interested.  He will be in Austin and in Dallas and will be giving lectures and workshops.