Author Topic: Hello , Arabic calligrapher is here  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Arabic calligraphy

• View Profile
Hello , Arabic calligrapher is here
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:16:34 PM »
Hello , I found this forum a good one , it concentrate on English calligraphy , really so nice for whom they want to learn English calligraphy

well , I am a calligrapher from CA. , but I am form Egyptian origins , I like Arabic calligraphy so much , I have studied this art for about 6 years , in Arabic calligraphy institute in Cairo.  Really I enjoy writing this kind of calligraphy .

Regards   

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello , Arabic calligrapher is here
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
Hello and welcome, Ahmed.  I very much look forward to seeing more of your work.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
which part of your forum can i post my works in ?
Should I reply the 2 questions before posting each comment ?!

ash0kgiri

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »
Warm welcome Ahmed. This is really good. Please keep sharing. :D

Offline Simone Lettering

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:54:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ahmed  :D
And I love it that you are not writing in English, but show us Arabic calligraphy.
It looks beautiful!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Simone

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
Welcome. The lettering arts are appreciated here whatever language used.

I would be interested in hearing more about how you were trained. I suspect most of here are very uninformed, but also very curious about this tradition of calligraphy: how it is taught, how it has developed, different styles.

I look forward to reading more from you, and seeing more of your work.

Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:37:30 AM »
Thanks for all your comments , well regarding how I learned it ......at first I loved this art very much and intended to learn it I began to search for calligraphy books that concerned on this art , I found some , it tried to trace each letter ...but I found out that should need someone who are specialized and expertise in this art to help me , because I needed someone to tell me how should I start and end the letter ( its writing direction ) , the intact way to hold the reed-pen , the reed pen angle that match each Arabic calligraphy styles ( they are 6 styles ), and the best writing papers and ink should I use . The important thing , I found a calligrapher to adjust my writing and tell me the hints and defects. He told me to join Arabic Calligraphy Institution in Cairo . I have got a diploma in Arabic calligraphy and gilding , I have studied this art for 6 years.

The key point in learning calligraphy is your motivation to learn this art , and patience  as well.

In Arabic calligraphy there are about 6 script styles :  Naskh- Reqaa - Thuluth - Nastaliq - Dewani - Kufi .
I have attached the image to see them.the writing is one sentence " Besm Allah Al Rahman Al Rahim " it means "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful " .

The two formal styles that we use in our writing are Naskh and Reqaa ones  ( we use them our schools and universities) here in Egypt - but "Nastaliq" is a formal style in Iran , Pakistan,Afghanistan.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:48:34 AM by Arabic calligraphy »

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 12:45:39 AM »
The first image is an Arabic name ( Dalal Al Solaiman ) written in Thuluth Arabic calligraphy style.

Hello , I found this forum a good one , it concentrate on English calligraphy , really so nice for whom they want to learn English calligraphy

well , I am a calligrapher from CA. , but I am form Egyptian origins , I like Arabic calligraphy so much , I have studied this art for about 6 years , in Arabic calligraphy institute in Cairo.  Really I enjoy writing this kind of calligraphy .

Regards
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:58:33 AM by Arabic calligraphy »

Offline Salman Khattak

• View Profile
    • Toronto Pen Company
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
Good to see an Arabic Calligrapher on the forum Ahmed. Looking forward to seeing more of your work here.

You can post your work in the Eastern Calligraphy section Erica set up recently. The questions go away when you reach a certain number of posts :-)

- Salman
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:59:53 PM by SMK »
I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it.

Copperplate Tutorial :: Toronto Pen Company

ash0kgiri

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 02:21:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Salman. I think I'm not able to open this thread. Are you facing the same problem?

-Ashok

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 04:24:33 AM »
Here it is.  :)

Eastern Calligraphy

ash0kgiri

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 05:05:01 AM »
This works. Thanks @AndyT :D