Author Topic: Give Me Your Heart Valentine Exchange 2017  (Read 15249 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Give Me Your Heart Valentine Exchange 2017
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2017, 10:09:44 AM »
It seems like you have only received a couple from every exchange @fridzleah . I will look into this. I have not had any other reports of incomplete lists. Sorry - that must be so disappointing.  :(
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2017, 10:46:12 PM »
I think many people are hesitant to point out that they haven't received exchanges from people... myself included.  I do realize that some simply just get lost, but this is not always the case, and it is disappointing for those who've put effort into exchanges to not receive anything back from three or so people.  I'd say that I now expect to not receive something from at least two people per exchange.

But, Erica, you shouldn't have to chase people down on top of everything else you do for us, so I'll put some thought into an idea I have and message you privately. :)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
I think many people are hesitant to point out that they haven't received exchanges from people... myself included.
It's important, though, to let Erica know which people are not sending out their cards, as those people will not be able to participate in future exchanges. Erica has no other way of knowing who is not sending cards out, and thus not be able to remove them from future signups. It's true, sometimes, that one of the cards one sends out gets lost in the mail, but if Erica hears from everyone on the list of a no show, then it's obvious they weren't sent out.

I do realize that some simply just get lost, but this is not always the case, and it is disappointing for those who've put effort into exchanges to not receive anything back from three or so people.
Yes, it is disappointing.
I'd say that I now expect to not receive something from at least two people per exchange.
I think it reasonable to expect a card from everyone on your list, with an occasional lost one.

But, Erica, you shouldn't have to chase people down on top of everything else you do for us,
Absolutely right. She has more than enough on her plate to do that. It's really our job to let her know who is not sending out cards, so she can remove them form future lists easily and lessen the disappointment we have in not receiving agreed upon responses.
Exchanges should be fun for all, and are only as good as we, the participants, make them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:24:52 AM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »
Right you are, Michael!

Offline claire lander

• waves_and_grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2018, 03:19:19 PM »
@fridzleah Freida I have only just read that you didn't receive my Valentine's post! - I am so sorry you didn't - and really disappointed because I put a lot of heart into them. I actually know what you mean though all. I both expect to not get at least 2, and for some of mine to go missing in every exchange I do - so sad and frustrating! I will send you one in my 2018 Valentine exchange - and hope this future one gets to you!

I don't often do a recky of which are missing after an exchange is complete - for several reasons - I am in the UK so feel like post might take an unreasonable time to arrive, plus I don't want to be on people's cases if they are simply delayed, but also I find it quite depressing after putting in a ridiculously OTT amount of work haha...

Best, Claire x
dreamer...

Offline fridzleah

• Live Laugh Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
I’ve been away, wasn’t able to respond at once.

In my previous exchanges, I always received from everyone in the list...only on these last exchanges happened this. Yes, maybe some lost in the way. That’s also my point why I told it here. Or in my mind, maybe it just took so long to get in my place, but it’s been couple of months already so I gave up. But the whole point of posting it here, is just for the knowledge of my list-mates(who sent out letters, expecting I received it but not) and as well of Erica.

Happy new year to all!  :D
~ freida
http://instagram.com/fridzleah
~ Sanguine Wanderer ~