Author Topic: Zebra G with Cage  (Read 1454 times)

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
Zebra G with Cage
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
Hi, Flourish Friends!  John Neal Bookseller got in some new nibs that have a "cage" attached.  It looks like a little spring.  (Remember the little spring that some fountain pens used to have?  It looks just like one of those!  It is attached to the underside of the nib.  Basically, the spring just collects more ink that you could normally put into the little hollow space that generally collects ink.  It doesn't look like it would do much, but OH MY!  It holds WAY more ink that the nib would typically hold!  I lettered one whole page off of one dip into the ink!  It's awesome!  IMHO, it's well worth the extra money!  I've been using Noodler's ink & I'm going to try Finetec and some gouache to see if the results are the same.  I seriously recommend the nibs with cages.  I ordered every one available at John Neal & I am excited to try them all!  They don't have my beloved Brause 66EF, but I hope that they're working on it!   :D

At any rate, if you've been on the fence about trying the nibs with cages, Get Off the Fence and order some!  They're great!

Janis

Offline JohnNealBooks

• View Profile
    • John Neal Books
Re: Zebra G with Cage
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »
Hi Janis,
The ink cage + nib is amazing!  And you'll be please to know that the 66ef will be available in early August 😀
Cheers, Michael

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:32:42 PM »
Oh, Michael, you just made my day!!  I simply cannot wait for that!!  HOORAY!!

Janis

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 01:53:52 AM »
How does it go for longevity?  I always look at those and wonder if the spring would rust!

I probably wouldn't order in any case because I've worked really hard to make the dip part of my flow ... but I'm still tempted ;)

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »
@Moya Hi, Moya!

I just started to use it yesterday, so I don't know about the longevity!  I'll post back about my thoughts when the nib finally wears out!  I was a bit worried about rusting, as you can't get a drying cloth to the back of the nib because of the spring!  I really was impressed, however, with how much more ink the nib held!  I think that I could letter an entire envelope with just one dip.  You really should try one!

Janis

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
Hi yourself! xxx On the strength of your recommendation, I've added one to my shopping list ;) I know who's the business around here!