Author Topic: Is there a correlation between calligraphy skills and everyday handwriting?  (Read 6746 times)

Offline Akawaii

• Freshman Member
  • Money is the national anthem of the world
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Is there a correlation between calligraphy skills and everyday handwriting?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 04:53:58 PM »
I don't really know, perhaps I've answered too late. However, since I've started learning Spencerian, I realize I incorporate what I've learned into my everyday writing. I try to practice the whole arm movement, which is really hard to perform in school. Otherwise, my penmanship has stayed the same.

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
Most people when I teach complain that their everyday writing is very bad. I tell them it doesn't matter because technically you are re-learning to write. My natural hand is very different from when i attended school, writing fast notes and information does not allow , or at least myself to be creative... But I have had friends who have naturally beautiful hand. My grandfather was one of them. He once told me of how they had penmanship contest and he always won, my mom too... so somewhere ... it might be genetic. I certainly do not think learning calligraphy is a bad thing for bad writing.... if anything it seems to encourage an awareness to correcting ones own hand.

Amen.