Author Topic: Everyday handwriting 1980  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Ken Fraser

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Everyday handwriting 1980
« on: December 25, 2015, 05:43:36 AM »
This is an page of my everyday handwriting from 1980. I had just completed my genealogical research into my family history, and wrote out the facts in book form. At that time, all my attention was focused on my family history, and so this is just as I wrote everyday, at that time. It's legible enough, but a bit scrappy. Look at the closed-up letters 'e'  :-[

Offline andyj

• Freshman Member
  • A journey of a 1,000 miles...
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday handwriting 1980
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
This is great, thank you for posting!  I love the look of italic and still consider using it as my everyday writing (working on Business Writing and italic concurrently).  In fact, I think I was using italic for a while but I did not study it or practice it deliberately so I think it fell too far into disrepair.  I'm going to look for a sample to post.

I'm not very familiar with nibs but this is a good example to use for my question: what type of pen or nib could someone use to get something of what you have below?  I'm looking for something just like this that is not so variant between the thick and the thin that it's distracting but it's more distinct than a monoline pen.  Would this just have been a . . . medium nib?
Andy

Offline Ken Fraser

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
At that time (1980) I would have been using a fine or extra fine Osmiroid pen. They went out of production some years ago, but their place has been adequately taken by Manuscript pens. Here is a 'review'.

http://theflourishforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=4139.0

Offline seanlanefuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »
Ken, it looks like you have always written beautifully.