Author Topic: Please read regarding emails!  (Read 9707 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Please read regarding emails!
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »
The saga that is my life continues ...

I now cannot send any emails from any of my accounts: Paperwhite Studio, Dasherie, or Flourish Forum.  If you have emailed me and I have not responded, this is why.

New members who are waiting to hear from me ... this is why.

New members who have responded to the new membership question have been sent an activation email straight from the forum, so if you don't see it, please check your spam folder.

Thank you for your patience while I figure out why the karma in my life is awful.
Truly,
Erica
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
Re: Please read regarding emails!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
Oh no – I'm sorry to hear that 😕! I know how much that kind of problem can suck energy ... I hope you'll get it sorted soon, Erica!!
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline pointedbroad

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
I have a hunch that it's because you have a new internet provider, perhaps, at your new place? Check the outgoing server settings for your email addresses and see if they need to be changed to match your new provider.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »
Thank you for your patience while I figure out why the karma in my life is awful.

You do not have awful karma.  Nope  This is about physics or electronics or customer service at your provider.  Nothing to do with you.
Ev

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:30 PM »
I have a hunch that it's because you have a new internet provider, perhaps, at your new place? Check the outgoing server settings for your email addresses and see if they need to be changed to match your new provider.

I'm not sure because we have the same provider. But maybe because we moved locations. I don't know but my web company told me for some reason my emails have been blacklisted which means I have to go through a vetting process to have them whitelisted.  >:(
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 05:48:39 PM »

You do not have awful karma.  Nope  This is about physics or electronics or customer service at your provider.  Nothing to do with you.

I forgot you don't know the back story. While I just love your sweet words (and I did find comfort in them)... here is the rest of my week...

so... the internet installer said our internet cable was dead – took 5 days for an electrician to tell us the internet guy had just plugged in the wrong cord. The circuit blew in the island and caused a small fire which was caught early. But worse – it blew two motors in the brand new fridge which for some reason was on the same circuit. The DirecTV installer put a nail through the copper pipe of our brand new AC, requiring an AC guy emergency visit, upon which he had to drain the AC, solder the pipe, and recharge the AC to the tune of $900. DirecTV promised me a reduced rate because I am a 15 year customer and when it was finally connected, they had taken away 70 channels. When I called to cancel because they wouldn't honor their contract, they charged me a $275 early termination fee. (#first world problems)

The sofa delivery guy slashed a 4 inch gash through the back of our new sofa with his knife when he cut the plastic. My brother got a flat tire in our driveway. While installing a fan, my brother discovered a live wire just hanging in the outlet. Our old rental hasn't rented so we still have to pay 2 months rent even though we've moved. And this week we had to deal with a tropical storm and tornado warnings one week into Hurricane Season.

Am I healthy and happy and truly blessed with a new home and wonderful family - absolutely. Do I wish I didn't have all these nitpicky things constantly go wrong ... um-- yes!  ;D  :'(
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
Oh my! You just wait, karma has an amazing surprise coming to you for sure! Just to compensate, you know.
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
Things can only go up and get better, from here! Hang in there!

But in regards to DirectTV - they are HORRIBLE! I've paid my monthly bill every single month and I have no service right now. Why?! My AT&T internet is still on. My phone line is disconnected, though. I called, and called, and called. They are missing a payment. I asked how that's possible if it's all one bill and some of my services are ok, but some are not. DirectTV said they have nothing to do with AT&T and I need to pay them directly. I asked them to find the last payment I made to them. They told me to call AT&T. I did. They said they don't show any type of overpayment, blah blah. That same day, I get a letter stating all of my services would be on one billing statement. So, tell me again why you can't find my payment and disconnected my services?! Oh, and now you want to charge me disconnection fees, reconnection fees, not fulfilling my contract fees, fees upon fees. I think not! They are the worse! Ugh. Ok, rant over.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 06:51:51 PM »
Omigod!  It's Murphy's Law --  everything that can go wrong, will go wrong.   Erica, that is a truly awful streak of bad luck.  My heart aches for you.

But, still, the universe is not revengeful; it's not something you deserve.  It's just that they're all a bunch of idiots! 

We need your address so we can shower you with pen love. 

Ev

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »
My goodness I am getting a panic attack just reading all that... Don't worry Erica, when all this is over you'll find yourself with a glass of wine on your new comfy couch in a beautiful new house and sigh... it'll all be worth it!
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Elizabeth O.

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Oxenfeld
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »
Oh my.  I second the wine!  Yikes!!!
All my best -- Elizabeth O.

Website | Instagram

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
Erica, I can't wait until this is all sorted out for you. Those kinds of problems build up and even though they might be small individually, how incredibly frustrating they are especially compounded like that! And ouch, that is a lot of money to have to unexpectedly pay out for problems that shouldn't have happened in the first place. And on top of everything, this should be a time you get to enjoy your new place.

Be extra kind to yourself and celebrate when this all passes!

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:43:46 AM »
Yes, I'm stressed out reading all of that too, Erica. I really hope it all gets sorted soon and you get to enjoy your new home.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »
Oh my! You just wait, karma has an amazing surprise coming to you for sure! Just to compensate, you know.

Thank you Alba!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
But in regards to DirectTV - they are HORRIBLE! I've paid my monthly bill every single month and I have no service right now. Why?! My AT&T internet is still on. My phone line is disconnected, though. I called, and called, and called. They are missing a payment. I asked how that's possible if it's all one bill and some of my services are ok, but some are not. DirectTV said they have nothing to do with AT&T and I need to pay them directly. I asked them to find the last payment I made to them. They told me to call AT&T. I did. They said they don't show any type of overpayment, blah blah. That same day, I get a letter stating all of my services would be on one billing statement. So, tell me again why you can't find my payment and disconnected my services?! Oh, and now you want to charge me disconnection fees, reconnection fees, not fulfilling my contract fees, fees upon fees. I think not! They are the worse! Ugh. Ok, rant over.

Oh my word! How ridiculous is that?! It makes me mad for you! Soooo frustrating!  :o
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram