Author Topic: "Favorite" entries?  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
"Favorite" entries?
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
Is there some way of marking a particular entry as a "favorite" to return to later?  There is so much good information and links in this forum, but I am constantly searching for something I read but can't remember where...

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
Re: "Favorite" entries?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »
oooh i do the same thing and think that's a great idea!
like right now i'm looking for the post on the Yoke envelope contest and i can't find it...oh wait duh, just look at my post history because i posted on that thread.
but a favorites button would be good ;)
thanks Erica for dropping everything and getting right on that ;)))))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:01:46 AM by joi »

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
Next to the "reply" button is a "notify" button, that notifies you of new comments in topics you have subscribed to. Not exactly the same, but maybe helpful.
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline YokePenCo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
How about creating a secret board on pinterest. you can then use browser pin button to pin any post you want to come back to? Had to ask my wife this one :P
Christopher J. Yoke
www.yokepencompany.com

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:54:19 PM »
Or you could just bookmark it.
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »
ooh all good ideas!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 05:44:13 PM »
Guess what friends?! I found a "bookmarks" mod for the forum which allows you "add a bookmark" and then gives you a "bookmarks" board where you can see all the ones you have favorited. I will try to add it this weekend. I have to add a few security mods so will do this at the same time. I have to back everything up first which takes some time so will do as soon as I can. Thanks for this great suggestion!  :)

I will say the search feature in the forum is rather particular. So for example, I searched Yoke contest and nothing came up except this one. But then I searched Yoke and received 17 results. So keep in mind, the search is very particular - including capitalization and specific words. I have found better results if I just use one word searches. Just "contest" brings it up. Also, sometimes it doesn't find it the first time but if I search it again, it does.  :o Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about that.

Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Roseann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
You're just Awesome Erica!
Roseann

“The world is so full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.”   R. L. Stevenson

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
Way to go!

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 07:14:57 AM »
Guess what friends?! I found a "bookmarks" mod for the forum which allows you "add a bookmark" and then gives you a "bookmarks" board where you can see all the ones you have favorited. I will try to add it this weekend. I have to add a few security mods so will do this at the same time. I have to back everything up first which takes some time so will do as soon as I can. Thanks for this great suggestion!  :)

I will say the search feature in the forum is rather particular. So for example, I searched Yoke contest and nothing came up except this one. But then I searched Yoke and received 17 results. So keep in mind, the search is very particular - including capitalization and specific words. I have found better results if I just use one word searches. Just "contest" brings it up. Also, sometimes it doesn't find it the first time but if I search it again, it does.  :o Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about that.

I'd love to use the "Bookmarks" feature!  Can you please tell me how to do it?

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »
Hi Janis,
I did not implement the bookmark feature as it disables "likes" and would interfere with the indexing we already have. Sorry about that!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram