Author Topic: Instagram accounts: one for business, one for personal, or altogether?  (Read 13961 times)

Offline lyndsaywrightdesign

• View Profile
    • Lyndsay Wright Design
Re: Instagram accounts: one for business, one for personal, or altogether?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
I love my FF family, but unfortunately, there are creepers on IG, just like anywhere else.  Therefore, a public IG account for my work and art, and a private IG account for pictures of my kids.  You guys aren't the people I'm worried about!!
http://www.lyndsaywrightdesign.com
Instagram: lyndsaywrightdesign

Offline Mollyebelle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 09:34:56 PM »
Oh that definitely makes sense Lyndsay!  I don't have children as of yet, but I'm sure when I do, I'll have the same viewpoint!

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
late chiming in here...i only have one account.  it is all calligraphy except for the occasional selfie/crying kids/food/dog pics.  i'm with Natascha in that i do like seeing the real people behind the calligraphy.  especially from most of you here on the Forum that I feel like I "know".  like Mollye  up there...i like seeing your good hair days and spiffy sunglasses...makes me smile and endears people to me.
now that being said...some personal pics i will go back and delete after a while...like the pic of my melting down kids on Halloween...that i don't want floating out there in the interwebs for eternity...i post that more like a "this is my life right now, it's not all pretty letters..."

Offline D. Roshan

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »
In case anyone stumbles upon this, the most recent release of IG has it so you can easily change profiles.  I love having one for my personal life since most of those pictures involve my dog.  8)
IG: @DistrictCalligraphy

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »
I found that out the other day and was very excited ... I don't have a huge calligraphy following, but I have a few wedding planners and stylists there, so I don't feel comfortable posting dumb selfies or silly pictures of food any more. So I'm excited I can have a private account again and run them both at the same time!

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 05:54:54 PM »
This really is the best thing to be able to switch accounts so easily! Now I actually use my personal account again - woohoo!  Logging out was such a pain.  I rarely post personal posts on my business IG.  Last time I posted a photo of myself & my BF (God forbid!), I lost almost 100 followers (I didn't realize my face was so offensive :o).  Not the biggest deal, since they obviously weren't there to stay anyway, but it did make me think twice about doing that going forward.  I'll still sneak in semi-personal stuff now and then ;)

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »
The new Instagram change is AWESOME!!

Offline NicM

• Freshman Member
  • Nib and pen hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »
I only have one account, but I use it primarily to post related to calligraphy. I prefer using Instagram to follow particular hobbies and interests for a clean newsfeed. I like to use other platforms like Facebook with custom security options available to view and share more personal photos. :)

I didn't notice a new multi-account change to the Instagram app! Is that Android only or am I blind?!

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 01:41:22 PM »
Nic, it's on iOS, too- there's an "add account" option at the bottom of the settings page.

Offline NicM

• Freshman Member
  • Nib and pen hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
Oh my gosh, thanks Bianca! I completely missed that--perhaps I may end up using Instagram for more than calligraphy after all!

Offline Ken Fraser

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligrapher
    • View Profile
When I first opened an Instagram account, I quickly became turned off by the odd, personal postings - especially plates of food!! So much so, that I actually closed down the account.

A month or so later, I realised that I was losing more than I was gaining, and I started up again. I'm now much more relaxed in my attitude, and enjoy seeing the calligraphy interspersed with the weird stuff!

http://instagram.com/fraser.ken