Author Topic: Aussie pen pal  (Read 1798 times)

Offline AussieCalligrapherAlex

• View Profile
Aussie pen pal
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone in Australia would consider being a pen pal of mine. I mainly write engrosser's but may soon be trying some other scripts as well. I am open to international pen pals as well however I think the cost of a letter and time it takes would hinder progress somewhat. That is my intention for this, so both ends can improve in the script they have chosen. Both through practice of the letters and some cc on the other end. This is also a reason that I am requesting someone who is currently learning or proficient at copperplate/engrossers. I know it's a lot to ask but I would be very grateful for anyone who would help me out here. I also don't mind someone who is starting out in the script. Even though I am relatively new to calligraphy in general I'd love to help out anyone who is brand new. I have some idea's for subjects of the letters if you can't think of any to start with.

exemplar of your chosen script both minuscule and majuscule. Accompanied with cc from yourself.
how you got started in calligraphy
cc of the other persons forms from their letter (make sure you take a photocopy before you send so you can look at what they are pointing out)
a comparison of your starting script vs now (photocopy of starting script)
you're favorite quote and why it's your favorite
an introduction of yourself and hobbies

There are many more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I may not that you can take as long as you want to reply. I know inspiration is a tricky thing to time correctly. Don't hesitate to send me a PM
Thanks for reading :)

Offline ESCH

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie pen pal
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
Hi,
I could be keen on doing this..... I'm from Wollongong, NSW and I'm pretty new to this forum.
Have you had much response to your post?
I am aiming to improve my Copperplate. At this stage I am quite confident with my lower case letters, but have not really started seriously learning capital letters. I have a pretty busy life (I have a very difficult teenage foster son, plus my husband became a below knee amputee a couple of years back which has changed our lives considerably). So if you were looking for weekly correspondence that might not be possible for me... but if you were happy to settle for a bit less, then I'm in!
Emily Henderson

Offline ryan keswani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:26:18 PM »
Hi Alex
I would love to be your pen pal
I'm from Indonesia. I've studied enggrosers script for around a year and starting spencerian and bussines cursive this year.
It would be great to have a pen pal to discuss what I've learned so far.
Thank you
Ryan Keswani
Instagram: @ryankeswani

Offline Samueld

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 11:22:45 PM »
Hi Alex

I would be interested too.  I am from Perth and am just starting out.

I have been practicing copperplate and gothic printing.

Thanks

Sam.

Offline Gabby10109

• Freshman Member
  • Gabby J
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:24:35 AM »
Dear Alex!

I'm Gabby! I'm 17 years young and I'm wanting to start doing Spencerian! I would love to be your pen-pal! I currently live in New Mexico, USA! PM me if you're interested!

Offline TeganL

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 07:13:55 AM »
Hey!

I'd happily be someone's calligraphy practice pen-pal. I'm also from Australia. Please feel free to send me a PM and we can exchange details  8)

Cheers,
Tegan