It's that time of year again! Last year was a bit of mix for exchanges. Some people became overwhelmingly busy and had trouble getting their exchanges out on time [sheepishly raises hand] and some exchanges had lower sign ups. Flourish is constantly evolving as members leave and arrive - it is the nature of forums.
So this year, I have made a little less ambitious schedule of exchanges. Still a nice variety and will be lots of fun! Now that I break up the lists into levels, any exchange can be considered advanced. Just do your thing!
I also included a new kind of "exchange" - the Flourish Forum Share. These Shares will allow anyone to participate, no signing up necessary so if you run out of time it isn't a problem, encourages more sharing on Flourish, and gives an opportunity for some community love and sharing. See details below.
I will be setting up threads for each of the Flourish Shares. Just post your share whenever you want.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – Consider your schedule carefully before signing up for an exchange. Your list members are counting on you! :-) Be creative – write a letter, a poem, or a story; use a new tool, or a new style. The exchanges are a chance to flex your creative muscle, have fun, learn new things, expand your repertoire, and play.
1. Give Me Your Heart
– Celebrate all things love and friendship in honor of Valentine's Day!
2. Improbable Items
– What crazy item can you get through the mail? Let's find out! Nothing perishable, breathing, (or illegal – check your local postal regulations). No wrapping. Address label must be in calligraphy. (Consider cost, both for the item and for stamps, before signing up.)
3. Thank A MailPerson Forum Share
- While we are challenging all of those wonderful mail people, let's say thanks! February 4th is national Thank A Mailman Day. Calligraph a special thank you for your mail carrier and post a photo on the forum.
4. Yummy Yum Yum
– Calligraph your favorite recipe - 5x7 size – to share with friends.
5. Poem in Your Pocket Forum Share
– April 24th is “Poem in Your Pocket” Day. The day encourages people to “carry your favorite poem in your pocket to share with your friends and family.” Let's calligraph our favorite poem and share on Flourish!
6. Catch a Wave
– We got so busy last year, this exchange passed us by – so let's catch this wave this time around! Ocean, Sea, River, Lake and all the accessories: mermaids, fish, sailboats, anchors, or pirates – Show us what you love about the water.
7. Cheer Up the Lonely Challenge
– July 11th is “Cheer Up the Lonely” Day. Accept this challenge and send some cheery calligraphy to your local nursing home with a message to share with someone who doesn't receive any visitors or mail. Share a photo on Flourish.
8. Haunted Hellos
– An annual favorite celebrating Halloween or Day of the Dead!
9. Holiday | Winter
– The ever-popular end of the year exchange in honor of all things holiday and happy.
The only requirements are:
1. Although the exchanges do not have to be handmade, some kind of calligraphy should be used on the inside and envelope.
2. You will send an exchange to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your exchange after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline via the form. No late sign ups.
7. HAVE FUN!