Tutorials > Tips for Lefties

Tips for Lefties - multiple links!

(1/4) > >>

Erica McPhee:
I decided not to try to reinvent the wheel and instead go searching! Here are some great links for left-handed calligraphers, including videos. I hope you find these helpful.

IAMPETH Left-handed videos and links

Calligraphy & Lettering Arts Society - tips and diagrams

Left-Handed Calligraphy book review

Facebook Group for Left-handed Calligraphers

Perfectsettings:
Wow.  Thanks, Erica!  I just spent over an hour checking all this out.  Great info!!

Linda Y.:
I watched John De Collibus (left-handed IAMPETH Master Penman) on You Tube and he compleeeeeetely blew my mind. Look for his Dueling pens video... Guaranteed  :o  :o  :o

And PS Erica, the author of Left Handed Calligraphy (Vance Studley) was my college design professor!! He got me to love typography & lettering.  :D

Lori M:
Thanks so much for posting these, Erica! I read about a calligraphy teacher that wouldn't teach left-handed students unless they used their right hand -- yikes!

I do think (in my extremely limited experience as a pointed pen newbie) that being a leftie isn't as much as a disadvantage with pointed pen as it is with broad pen. At least I'm hoping that's true!

Nice Plume:
I'm leftie !! I confirm that when you want, it's not as hard to learn calligraphy... Just have to place the paper correctly, LEFTIES GO ON !! - thanks Erica for the links  ;) -Nora

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version