General Categories > Inktober 2023

Inktober 2023 - After Party

(1/2) > >>

K-2:
Congratulations & thank you to all the folks who contributed to Flourish Forum's Inktober!
@Erica McPhee - How can we ever thank you for forming such a supportive community? Congratulations again on TEN YEARS of Flourishing!

@AnasaziWrites @Lucie Y @tiffany.c.a @Matthew H. @Cyril Jayant @Mark T @Mary_M - Thank you for posting your beautiful work and offering so much encouragement to the process.

@Gary - I see you lurking there! I think we all appreciate your "likes"!

Just like last year and the year before, it feels like we got to know each other a bit over the course of the month. I hope we'll see more of everyone's work, hopes and aspirations elsewhere on the Forum, and that we'll come back for Inktober next year too.

I took a quick photo of my alphabet (with some doubles of the letters that I liked both versions of). Not bad for a month's work, if I do say so myself.

Lucie Y:
Well done everyone! And thank you for being part of this adventure! Thank you so much @Erica McPhee for making all of this possible.

@K2 I love seeing all your entries reunited. Such a lovely ensemble! I haven't commented yet on how much I love that little mailbox in "Urgent". I think my favorite is "Knife", the K and the script, they're just too cool!
I came across this post on Instagram. It has K2 written all over it. I just had to share.

Here is the link to the IG account, he has some great stuff: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy6LEFKukj5/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: K-2 on November 01, 2023, 07:02:34 PM ---Just like last year and the year before, it feels like we got to know each other a bit over the course of the month. I hope we'll see more of everyone's work, hopes and aspirations elsewhere on the Forum, and that we'll come back for Inktober next year too.

I took a quick photo of my alphabet (with some doubles of the letters that I liked both versions of). Not bad for a month's work, if I do say so myself.

--- End quote ---
Magnificent.

Gary:
Sorry, I don't mean to lurk  :) I visit the Forum almost every day and really appreciate everyone's efforts - hence the many, many "likes".
I did a lot of calligraphy about 30 years ago and then stopped because life took over. I've maintained my interest since then and have recently taken it up again since my retirement, a house move and having found a small association of amateur calligraphers nearby. I'm English by birth but have lived in France for the past 17 years.
I'm finding it difficult to regain the steady hand I once had. And I'm left-handed too which poses its own challenges. Perhaps, when I've gained more confidence, I'll post some of my attempts at emulating your beautiful work.
Well done everyone !

Erica McPhee:
@K-2 Wow! That is one INCREDIBLE alphabet! Bravo!

@Gary - please, no apologies! We love lurkers (let’s call them audience members). Your likes and comments are always so appreciated! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version