Author Topic: I am in the hospital  (Read 6657 times)

Offline InkyFingers

• All creations not equal.
    • View Profile
Re: I am in the hospital
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »
With most sincerity.

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
So very sorry to hear of this news. I too would love to send her a get well message if a way is figured out that's appropriate. I've always enjoyed reading her enthusiasm and joy as she discovered the wonder of calligraphy.

Best of wishes you all of your family as you make your way through a very difficult time. Online communities can be scary places, but some, like this one, can also be true communities filled with very caring and supportive people.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline Carina_I

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 03:37:33 PM »
Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear the news about Carina, I know before Christmas she was so excited about getting her calligraphy supplies and getting started.  What terrible news to hear about her accident.  I will keep her in my thoughts and please do keep us updated on her progress.

Melanie

Yes, that is true. She gave me a big long list of supplies to buy for her; unfortunately, I didn't realize I could buy all the supplies online, so I ended up bouncing from store to store looking for nibs and paper and oblique pens. I promised her I'll get the supplies later, and she has been so patient, using pencils and pens to practice.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, and I will alert you once she wakes up from her coma.

Offline Carina_I

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 03:40:11 PM »
Dear Sylvia, I am so shocked to hear about Carina's accident. I've had a few conversations with her here on Flourish and felt her great passion about calligraphy. I wish her and you and your whole family a quick and complete recovery!! You are in my thoughts, from far away Germany.

Stefanie

P.s. Colors of Christ is the online name of Connie Chen, you can get in touch with her via her website. I am sure she will be touched to hear how much her work means to Carina!

Thank you so much. Yes, Carina sure loves her calligraphy. Once she sets her mind to do something, she goes at it with her full heart.

And thank you for giving me the details about Colors of Christ. I will be sure to send her a message about just how helpful she has been.

Offline Carina_I

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 03:44:20 PM »
Hello, once again, flourish forum members,

I thank all of you for your kind comments regarding my daughter. For those ho requested, I will be sending you our address over the messaging system.

Once again, I thank all of you for helping my family and I move through these hard times. It's always refreshing to know that Carina is a part of such a rich and vibrant online community where the members truly care for each other.

I cannot thank you enough.

Offline LindaR

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
Thank you, Sylvia, for letting us know about Carina.  Along with so many others, I am sending my best wishes to her and to your entire family. I can only imagine what an incredibly difficult time this is for all of you.  I'd love to send her a card of well wishes, too.  Hopefully a deluge of hand-written cards will be a huge spirit booster!  Please keep us posted on how Carina is doing.
LindaR

Offline anam_t

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
I wish Carina a speedy recovery and you, Sylvia, and your family lots of strength. I am glad that the calligraphy videos have been helping her as part of the recovery process.

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 04:33:49 PM »
All my very best to Carina, I hope she is fit to flourish very soon.

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »
Really sorry to hear this news, Sylvia.  My thoughts and prayers are with you both. 

Hands palm to palm.

David

Offline Suzie L

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
Dear Sylvia and Carina,

Thank you for letting us know what happened. I am so sorry to hear of the terrible accident. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well, for a speedy and complete recovery. I will get your address from one of the other members so you don't have to keep sending it out as I'm sure you have so much on your mind and to do these days.

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 12:54:19 AM »
Dear Sylvia,
My prayers and thoughts with you and your family for strength and with Carina for a speedy recovery. 

Please do keep us posted on how she is doing as and when you have time. 
-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline Estefa

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Federflug
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 01:38:48 AM »
Dear Sylvia – I'll also ask another member for Carina's address, if that is ok for you!! Again all my best wishes for you and your daughter!

Stefanie
Stefanie :: Website :: Blog :: Instagram

Offline Dries

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 03:20:22 AM »
Sylvia, thank you for the updates. Like the others who have posted before me, I am saddened to learn of Carina's accident. However, if she applies the indomitable spirit and energy that she has shown on the forum to the process of healing, I am sure that she will recover soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family, and I look forward to the day Carina returns.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »
Sylvia,
A message from me to you is in Carina's FF mailbox.  I forgot to say that it was Carina's idea that we could scan & email to her our fancy handwritten letters; she called it Free Snail Mail.  So if you are uncomfortable sharing an address for her, we can do that instead.  Either way, I'm going to get my pens out today and create something for her. 

Ev

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 08:55:42 AM »
Dear Sylvia,

My heart goes out to you and Carina. She is strong. The mind is a brilliant thing. It will heal and her dedication and perseverance will have the pen back in her hand once again. Please keep us posted on her well-being.
Star