Author Topic: Chic Oblique . . . ALMOST mine!  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Chic Oblique . . . ALMOST mine!
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:58:56 AM »
I am SO excited to have F I N A L L Y ordered my own Chic Oblique Curve-E pen holder.  Needless to say I learned of it here last year.  And FINALLY, finally, did I write "Finally" I have ordered one for MOI.

Is it possible that Mr. Curran is slowing down creating these beautiful pens?  Many are out of stock.  My heart's desire was a short one OR one of the beautiful colorful ones that I have seen.  Frankly I picked from what was left available.  At least I get to explore the flattened feature that he and Ms. Erica came up with.  I decided to focus on that vs. prettiness.

Will no doubt be my last pen purchase for years as effective a couple of days I will be unemployed.  Hey, more time to practice my BP and Copperplate.   :D ;) ;D

Bubinga, Holly and Ebony Wood 18 × 1
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline keysayanez

• Calligrapher, knitter, dancer, vegan
    • View Profile
Re: Chic Oblique . . . ALMOST mine!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »
Congrats!!!
I’ve been so out of the calligraphy game for about two years that I didn’t know these. I took a peek and they’re absolutely gorgeous!!!

I’m really looking forward to practising much more this year. If I’m a good girl and stick with it, I might gift myself a new pen holder at the end of the year  :P
Keysa

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »
But Keysa,

What about, how about if you GO 'HEAD and get your CO pen NOW and that will further encourage you to practice?   ;D ;D ;D

Congrats!!!
I’ve been so out of the calligraphy game for about two years that I didn’t know these. I took a peek and they’re absolutely gorgeous!!!

I’m really looking forward to practising much more this year. If I’m a good girl and stick with it, I might gift myself a new pen holder at the end of the year  :P
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 11:30:13 AM »
Congrats! I hope you like it. It does take a little bit to get used to it, but if you give it time, I think you will come to love it as much as I do. It is the only pen I use now. I haven’t touched base with @Edward in awhile so I will see if he is still making pens.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 11:30:39 AM »
P.S. Maybe this will give you time to take on some calligraphy jobs!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:44:30 AM »

Not sure why I've kept these, as they remain unused.  From memory, left to right, first two pens were given to me by a kindly budding woodcrafter in the US called Howard, then two by Chris Yoke (the darker one has a genuine mastodon ivory ring), then an ergonomic holder by Melanie on Etsy (who seems to have stopped making them), a Curv-E by Edward, and something by Unique Obliques?   The one at the bottom is of course an hourglass holder from Paper & Ink Arts.

There were more, but some were given away - a couple of Strahms and a couple of Curv-E travel-size holders, if I recall correctly.

If ever there was a case of nice instruments being in the wrong hands, this is it.

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 09:01:26 AM »

If ever there was a case of nice instruments being in the wrong hands, this is it.

$$$ signs were rolling in my head as I viewed each one.  Then to see you barely use them!  WOW!!!  It has taken me about a year to get funds to purchase ONE Curve-E.  I really wanted a short one.  Maybe that is the proper name as you say above "travel"; I never knew.  Alas, most pens at his site are "sold" and it has been that way the year (almost) that I have been watching.  Well, at least I will have one.  If things go like I hope I will not need another pen between that ONE and the ones I already have.

Thanks for sharing your motherload.  It is nice.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Andrew Davies

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 08:00:57 AM »
I have a Chic Oblique and am very happy with it. It is beautifully balanced and a joy to hold and use  :D. You will get a lot of pleasure from it and they are works of art as well, gorgeous to look at.

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »
I have a Chic Oblique and am very happy with it. It is beautifully balanced and a joy to hold and use  :D. You will get a lot of pleasure from it and they are works of art as well, gorgeous to look at.

As it will most likely be my last holder purchase this is so good to know.  Thanks, Mr. Davies.  :D ;D

It reached the US last week.  Yay!!!!!
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
She is home!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »
Finally!  Looking forward to getting to know this girl!  The three week wait is over 😎.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline KacyBG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 03:10:14 PM »
It's beautiful!!! Have fun practicing for the calligraphy jobs!

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
Re: She is home!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 11:18:08 PM »
Finally!  Looking forward to getting to know this girl!  The three week wait is over 😎.

That's a beauty. Enjoy!

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:01 AM »
It's beautiful!!! Have fun practicing for the calligraphy jobs!

Hello Kacy,

Nooooo, I am keeping calligraphy strictly fun, no stress.  There will be no "jobs" happening here.   :-* :D
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Re: She is home!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:34 AM »

That's a beauty. Enjoy!

Thank you, my Calligrafriend!  :D
Cheerfully,
Lyric