Author Topic: Hi everyone.  (Read 99 times)

Offline Calv

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.
« on: April 06, 2024, 04:25:04 PM »
Hi everyone, new boy here.  :)

My name is Calv and I'm a dad/grandad from the New Forest at the bottom of the UK. I've always loved writing, started off with my teacher teaching me basic calligraphy back when i was about 8yrs old....and it stuck ever since.

Nowadays I mainly just enjoy writing handwritten letters, and I'm forever looking for ways to make them nicer, whether that be with art, better writing, or wax seals...I just love it all....it's all rather addicitive.  :)

I'm really looking forward to geting stuck into the forum, I am on a mission to improve my everyday handwriting, so beautiful cursive is the goal at the moment...I can see already there are tons of amazingly talented people here to learn from and be inspired by.

Nice to meet you all.

Kind regards,

Calv.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 05:06:57 PM »
Hi Calv,
You've come to the right place! Welcome! The New Forest sounds magical! I have extended family in Devon (whom I have never met but hope to some day!). I don't know how close that is to you. But our trip to the UK was canceled due to the pandemic. Perhaps, when we finally make it over there, I can see it first hand!

You must have seen we have one board for every day handwriting. And Spencerian is a lovely way to step it up a notch. Check out Mike Ward's site Mr. MG Ward for links to some incredible archives regarding Ornamental Penmanship (if you haven't already).

Ask us any questions as you go! Welcome again,
Erica
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Calv

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 02:43:12 PM »
Thank you for the kind welcome Erica.  :)

Devon is only a couple of hours away, yes it's all beautiful around there. I will certainly check out every part of this forum, including that link...I did buy some Spencerian script copy books a while back, so yes, thats always a dream to aspire to.  :)

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Calvin.