Author Topic: chalk art?  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
Re: chalk art?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »
@Erica McPhee I've cleaned the boards as much as possible before spraying the rust-oleum chalk spray paint - black over them. Some boards had (ghost) chalk marker still on them, because I didn't clean them for a while (oops) and the new paint covered it just fine.

@silvereye I haven't tried that one, but the first chalk paint I used was a tiny jar I found at Target hot spot and it worked just fine. It coated my boards perfectly well and was enough for a few boards. For a dollar, who can beat that?! But I noticed that the paint would rub off a bit when cleaning the artwork. Not too much, but just a bit. Left my cleaning rags black. But like I said, $1.

@Elisabeth_M for color, I have started to use soft pastels that I purchased at my local Hobby Lobby. I didn't get too crazy with pricier ones just yet, as I wanted to test out soft pastels first to see if they worked to my liking... I got a 25-piece set of round ones, that I could sharpen with my pencil sharpener (the bigger hole of a double-sharpener). But I have also used Crayola colored chalk. Works just fine. Here's a link with the Crayola colored chalk and the white anti-dust chalk. Note, the white chalk still does leave dust (it's chalk!) but maybe not as much. It is pretty smooth. I like it! Crayola Chalk And the price?! Awesome!!

Hope this helps!! :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:24:56 PM by Estrella »