Author Topic: Thank you for a wonderful forum!  (Read 1298 times)

Offline esmy77

• Part Time Unicorn chaser
    • View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
Thank you for a wonderful forum!
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
I just wanted to say hello to everyone of you for a wonderful community !. I am kind of new on the forum (on my way to 3rd exchange) I have felt very welcomed here by everyone specially @Brookeemcdonald @Starlee @Inked botanicals and of course @Erica McPhee  who has answered everyone of my questions! I discovered this forum via Calligrafile because I had taken classes with Plurabelle (Molly Suber Thorpe) and so she's got this other website with calligraphy resources etc... and there it was listed!  So I am super happy I found all of you and that the people that I have approached with calligraphy questions or just general questions regarding the forum have been so kind and helpful! I am looking forward for a 2017 full of beautiful calligraphy and learning new styles!!! LONG LIVE CALLIGRAPHY!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:01:18 PM by Erica McPhee »
Esmeraldita • Part time Unicorn Chaser • Graphic Designer Hand Crafted style • Cake Designer • Chucky's mom (child's play doll) • Married to a Swede

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
Re: Thank you for a wonderful forum!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
Love this.  Isn't this place the best?   :)

Offline esmy77

• View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »
OmG @Bianca M I'm on your creative live classes lol :)
Esmeraldita • Part time Unicorn Chaser • Graphic Designer Hand Crafted style • Cake Designer • Chucky's mom (child's play doll) • Married to a Swede

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
Isn't this a wonderful place? I've enjoyed seeing it grow. There is just something innately wonderful about calligraphers, always friendly, polite and willing to help. I've found it to be a breath of fresh air in the uncertain world we live in :)
Star

Offline esmy77

• View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »
@Starlee I know it's a refugee from a very hard cold world, a world of calligraphy where I get to meet souls as creative and talented a you!

:)

Offline Brookeemcdonald

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • inky fingers calligraphy
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 10:11:32 PM »
@esmy77  there you are! So glad to see you peeping around the forum! I'm not on nearly as much as I should be, because it is really awesome! Keep up all your amazing creative work!

Brooke

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:39 PM »
Big welcome to the forum Esmeralda,

Erica has brought together wonderful souls from all around the world.  Loved your stuff on the Instagram and Easy shop. Great work.

Ask away here and look forward to see more of your work on here.

Happy writing
Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 04:20:38 AM »
Esmeralda you are so sweet!! It really is a wonderful place here! We all were starters at some point and the community is very welcoming and helpful! I am now quite busy with a new job (not calligraphy related) and don't practice and post as often as before, but I keep reading you all!!

The big big thank you must go for Erica, she is the one who makes this place possible!!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline esmy77

• View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:14 PM »
Thank you y'all you are the best!!! @prasad @Inked botanicals @Brookeemcdonald @Starlee  :-* :-*

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
Thanks everyone! Flourish is full of wonderful, sharing, thoughtful people.  ;) Thank you for the post Esmeraldita! Glad you found your way here. As one of our members (I think it was Brad) said a couple of years ago, "Come for the calligraphy. Stay for the people."  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram