Author Topic: Greetings -Need assistance - Vintage Stationary and Paper than needs a good home  (Read 704 times)

Offline The Knothole Store

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Greeting all,
I hope that you all may be able to assist me. I am not a Calligrapher, But have the highest respect for all who take up a trade and profession that allows imagination and creativity in a hands on skill, in a world where hand crafted items are becoming an unappreciated and dying art to many.

Two moths ago, I bought out a printers shop that has been in storage for the past 20+ years. I based the purchase on the Letterpress Block type, cabinetry and draws, Equipment and such. What I did not expect to find in this Block of items (yes cardboard boxes that have not been touched in 20 years tend to be a challenge to unstack due to the weight of the stacked boxes and their integrity) was basically a block of well stored and preserved stationary and paper from the 50's through the 80's.

It is mostly what you would find in any printshop from that era. Wedding invitations, Card stock, high end paper, laid and woven, Cockled, and bond, certificates, Business card blanks, etc.
It is in great condition and have been sorting through it and repackaging it by weight, with a few extras in each stack to assure that nothing would be under count, and repacking the items.

I realized a few things, firstly that there is a use for these items, and many are looking for the "Retro" look, as well as "repurposing" materials. Secondly, after seeing the cost of new materials, and appreciating the hit that was taken by the lockdowns and restrictions on gatherings, that the trade has suffered. I would like to help those people out. As I said, I based the purchase on the equipment, and not the paper goods. I am NOT looking for top Dollar, and just looking for a fair price to all. In other words, I need the room, and need to get this moving along.

I am listing it on Ebay and set up a store

https://www.ebay.com/str/theknotholestore

Please take a look, and see if there is anything that may be of interest. I am open to any and all reasonable offers, If you place an offer, please add a message that you are a member of flourishforum.com and I will give it the respect and attention it deserves.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through eBay ot message me here.

Kind regards,
Charlie F.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for sharing this with our members. I had some of this stationery in my own stash! Good luck with it all.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ngaire_W

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi Charlie,
It looks so interesting. Will you also be posting envelopes and other items up there? I would be interested in those too.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi Charlie,
It looks so interesting. Will you also be posting envelopes and other items up there? I would be interested in those too.

I still have the envelopes to sort through. The inside envelopes are in good condition, but the outside all need to be checked, many so far have been fine or very slight adhesion of the gum that pop easily and no damage, a small percent, were pressed for almost 2 decades and are, well, very stuck.

Will be listing the envelopes shortly once they are sorted

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for sharing this with our members. I had some of this stationery in my own stash! Good luck with it all.  ;D

Erica,
Thank you for allowing me to share these items here. Noticed you said "Had"... can I send you some samples or any stok that you would like as a Thank you for helping out? Drop me a note!
Charlie