Author Topic: Diamine Inkvent 2023  (Read 1837 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Diamine Inkvent 2023
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2023, 06:09:47 PM »
Day 21:  Tranquility

A chameleon ink plus 15 drops gum arabic. I did not shake the bottle when I started this word, thus very little chameleon effect in the T. Added another shade at the end to show what shaking does (the small letters were after shaking).

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2023, 02:23:46 PM »
Day 22:  Tinsel

Shimmer ink plus no drops gum arabic. Worked well with pointed pen right out of the bottle.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 02:41:46 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2023, 02:28:15 PM »
Day 23:  Fireside Snug

A standard ink plus 5 drops gum arabic. Nice fire color--a little brown in there.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2023, 02:32:11 PM »
Day 24:  Sugar Snap

A shimmer ink with 5 drops of gum arabic. Nice lemony green.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2023, 05:14:11 PM »
Day 25:  Raise a Glass

Although not stated on the bottle (it's the big bottle one gets at the last day), this is a chameleon ink plus 5 drops (adjusted for bottle size) of gum arabic.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2023, 12:06:35 AM »
It’s interesting how the Raise A Glass looks purple on the page but blue on the paper towel. Wonderful share! Thanks so much @AnasaziWrites !
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2023, 06:56:32 PM »
I love Diamine ink. I have a small collection of fountain inks in Diamine.I love  the Inkvent collection series.
This series of 2023 is quite interesting My preference is colours is always in red /Brown and / Green. So I guess there are some interesting combinations in this year INKVENT creation.
Thank your Mike for  the share! ;D 

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2024, 05:07:40 PM »
It’s interesting how the Raise A Glass looks purple on the page but blue on the paper towel. Wonderful share! Thanks so much @AnasaziWrites !
@Erica McPhee
Yes, but there is that bit of red on the bleed-out that turns it purple.

A few observations on this calendar:

I think my favorites are the chameleon inks--quite a nice surprise with each new one.

Posting--K's way of posting the inks on Col-o-ring paper is definitely better than on moistened paper towels. I now have a stack of two dozen +1 paper towels, which I won't save. I do have the photos of them by day in one folder, so I can see all of them at a glance, which is very handy.

I don't think I'll photo the bottles again--it didn't add much, and some could barely be seen, even in strong light.

Most of the inks needed gum arabic to work with a pointed pen, and super sharp nibs, even if flexible, don't lay down enough ink to see the special qualities of the non-standard inks.

It should be interesting to see which of these inks will be released in larger bottles. I have my eye on several of them is so.

Still hoping for a drawing or two from @K-2  as time allows.

Did anyone else get the calendar this year?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 05:34:45 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2024, 07:46:21 PM »
Happy New Year, Inkventors!  It's been sort of crazy at work lately, and I did a piece about ink for Calligraphy Crush too, so I'm late to the party.
Okay, @AnasaziWrites I'm going to dribble these out, not in order, but just as the mood strikes me and time allows. My general theme is "nostalgia" - and all the pictures are going to be of some rather personal element of my history.

Starting with Jacaranda! (technically #8). Such a pretty, vibrant color, exactly the shade of jacaranda blossoms, with delicate pink & blue chromo and a clean white reaction to bleach. The color made me nostalgic for Southern California, where jacaranda trees lined the streets of my hometown.

(ps - Mike, did you notice that there were no "sheening" inks in this collection? I'm a little dismayed - I love an ink with sheen! But Diamine's fabulous commitment to shimmer may make up for my slight disgruntlement).

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2024, 10:12:04 AM »
(ps - Mike, did you notice that there were no "sheening" inks in this collection? I'm a little dismayed - I love an ink with sheen! But Diamine's fabulous commitment to shimmer may make up for my slight disgruntlement).
@K-2
Yes, but as you say, plenty of shimmer and chameleon inks to make up for it.

Do you know, or know someone who would know, what inks will be available in the large bottles? Fortunes gold is my number one request, and there are several others that are quite desirable.

Also, do you store these little bottles in the original box (calendar) or what? And on your col-o-ring, where do you put chameleon inks?

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2024, 05:41:39 PM »
@AnasaziWrites - in years past, Diamine has released ALL the Invent inks in 50ml bottles, usually in April, so I don't think you need fret about whether or not you'll get a big bottle of your favorite. They are limited editions though, so once they sell out of the 50ml bottles, they don't make more of them. In other words, don't wait too long to get the ones you want.

As for storage.... A friend of mine is making me a storage container/shelf-box, but in the meantime, I have them in the shallow cardboard shipping box that they came in. Note - I am out of room, so I haven't put the 2022 inks in there with the others yet!

On the Col-O-Ring, I just have them in order of opening (grouped by year), but I've been thinking about re-sorting them according to the base ink color, to match the "rainbow" layout in the box (which also do not consider the shimmer/sheen/chameleon qualities in their organization).

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2024, 07:51:34 PM »
@AnasaziWrites, your dedication to sampling every ink was inspiring. 
@K-2, fun to see your art again. Very cool tree.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 12:54:05 PM by Erica McPhee »