Author Topic: Hello all from Ky  (Read 895 times)

Offline Crystalproffitt

• View Profile
Hello all from Ky
« on: November 20, 2022, 12:02:57 PM »

Hi everyone My name is Crystal I live in Somerset,KY...Were down by the Tennessee border I moved from Louisville KY 2 yrs ago after my husband passed away so I'm the new kid on the block here as well...I have recently started drawing Ns im learning how to do tattoos...I have always loved calligraphy and never got the chance to learn, so now that I have the time I've decided to learn, I've had no training I've been teaching myself so any tips are greatly appreciated...I'm not sure what else to say but thanks for having me!
Crystal Dawn McWilliams-Proffitt

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all from Ky
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:38:27 PM »
Hi Crystal!
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. May he Rest In Peace. You are not too far from me (down here just past Nashville). It sounds like you are trying out some great skills. I have designed several tattoos - all lettering. It’s such an honor to design something that will be on someone’s body forever. Calligraphy and tattoos go hand in hand. Good for you for learning new stuff! I try to continually find new things to learn.

Welcome to Flourish!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 11:20:16 AM »
Hi Crystal, so nice that you found this group and are joining in. It’s a very helpful and kind community. Look forward to seeing you around in the forum.

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 11:06:08 PM »
Greetings, @ Crystalproffitt !  It is always a delight to have someone new join in. There is plenty in the Flourish Forum archives to browse to your heart's content, but a tremendous benefit is posing questions to the members. Everyone is so kind, and the scope of knowledge and experience here is phenomenal! I was recently surprised to have seen so many helpful comments on a recent question regarding calligraphy on cookies, so I'm certain any of your questions regarding calligraphy on skin would also result in many interesting replies.

Welcome!
~Karl
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace