Author Topic: Hiya, from Dublin  (Read 719 times)

Offline evahandelman

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hiya, from Dublin
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:01:06 AM »
Hi All

I'm Eva, from Dublin, Ireland. I found this lovely forum searching for reviews of the Eleanor Winters book and I'm delighted it took me here. I've been trying to self teach Copperplate style for the last year and am stuggling a bit with even the basics, pen angle, inkflow etc. But I LOVE it and spend a lot of time practising but without a system yet and with the time and expense getting supplies from the UK, the progress is slow.

I do a lot of other art, lino printing xmas cards etc, but I like the usefulness of calligraphy. I realised people responded more to the writing on the card more than the image! Ideally, if I win the satisfaction lottery, I'll be able to make it into a business, or side business.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hiya, from Dublin
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »
Hi Eva,
I’m so glad you found us, too! Check out the tutorials in the Pointed Pen Nirvana section which will give you the basics on how to use the pen, ink flow, etc. You can then use that following along with the Eleanor Winter’s book. Also, be sure to check out Salman’s tutorials as they are great.

You’ll be writing along in no time!  ;D Welcome to Flourish!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline evahandelman

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
Thanks Erica!

I've already got stuck in to the fab videos - thank you SO much for the tip on the o. The book is on it's way too :)

Best

Eva

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »
Eva,

Welcome to the forum!  "The usefulness of calligraphy" - ah, I love those words. :)

Offline Boots55

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
Hi Eva! I am from B.C. Canada and went to Dublin two years ago. after playing the night away blowing my harp at darky kelly’s I fell in love with irish hospitality and friendly joy . good luck on your lettering and drop me a quick line if ya like.    Rick