Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yes, this is an excellent book. And yes, you go through each page, one by one. It walks you through beginning to end. Start from the very beginning where it begins with pen hold. Then the warm up drills (which are integral to developing muscle memory). Then the strokes, then the letters.  ;D
Got them in the mail yesterday! Hooray!  ;D
Gorgeous Copperplate Ken! And I love Brianís pens as well. He is a true craftsman and a super nice guy!  :-*
No affiliation - I just admire and use the beautifully crafted penholders produced by
Penmeister Brian Smith.
My exchanges will be late. As usual, I went a bit over the top and itís taking me longer to finish than I expected.  ;D Hopefully today!  :-*
Still use your excellent book "Italic Varants" as my go-to reference for Italic.  I reorganized my office recently and once I find where I put your Calligarphy DVD, I'll have another great reference for Copperplate.  Thank you again!
There was a reasonable amount of interest in both of my books and my DVD
but as they were produced by myself by hand, I eventually realised that they were not a practical enterprise as they took too long to assemble. As a result I abandoned production a couple of years ago.
I am glad that you found them of use, and you are now in possession of a very limited edition!

Thank you ken,
I have a copy of this book and older edition.
I am onto this book and It is time for me to go deeper and more serious ( COPPERPLATE ) Calligraphy.
Thank you for all contribution and your great penmanship.
Open/Active Exchanges / Re: Time for Tea 2021 Exchange Sign Ups are Now Closed.
« Last post by Mabel on May 05, 2021, 03:19:28 AM »
Hi List 1,
Since Monday 3 May 2021, my Tea Time Exchange is on its way . I hope you receive it well and soon.
Cordially  :)

Mabel
Whaaaaaat, wow, that is so cool! And you know what, I just smelled it and there was the faintest scent of eucalyptus.

And of course, my husband walked in the moment I had your letter up to my nose, haha! Thanks, Alba! That's a treat!

Still smells! Cool!! Hope you told your husband that smelling letters is a normal thing for crazy calligraphers hahaha!
Hey folks,

From internet searches I know that a lot of people recommend E.C. Mills' Modern Business Penmanship to learn and practice business writing/monoline Spencerian.

But how is it to be used? It just seems to be a series of examples and exercises with no guidance on how to put them to practice. Are we just meant to go through each plate one-by-one in sequence? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Whaaaaaat, wow, that is so cool! And you know what, I just smelled it and there was the faintest scent of eucalyptus.

And of course, my husband walked in the moment I had your letter up to my nose, haha! Thanks, Alba! That's a treat!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10