Author Topic: Latest obsession  (Read 6314 times)

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
Latest obsession
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:36:15 AM »
Yes, I know I should be using my time to practice calligraphy but playing around with mandalas and zentangle is a little addicting. Does it count if I am using a dippen to draw these?  ???

I'm not sure if I'm liking the gold on the third one. Usually I think it would be a great combination, but I'm wondering if I should have kept it all white, especially with the green background. The second has too many elements going on in it, but was fun to draw!

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking  :)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Latest obsession
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 03:10:34 PM »
These are really beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I have recently been playing around with this as well. I was looking over my zentangle board on Pinterest and thought, "hey, I really like this ... why haven't I been doing it more?!" I've been playing around with a mandala design for my yoga mat.

These are really, really well done. I think using the dip pen is good practice for thicks and thins.  ;) I like the gold. I like them all.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:41:09 AM »
@Erica McPhee Thank you Erica :) What a cool and practical idea. Yeah paper can be framed, but spending that time on something usable--I love it. How are you adding your design on to the mat? I'd love to see it when you are finished.

Offline sheila247

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:18:19 AM »
These are beautiful!!!! 

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 01:05:27 PM »
How are you adding your design on to the mat? I'd love to see it when you are finished.

Thanks! I am going to use a white Sakura paint pen. I used them on umbrellas for a Dasherie shoot and it worked really well. And they don't wash off. I will post a pic when I'm finished.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 05:56:26 AM »
@sheila247 Thank you so much:)

@Erica McPhee Ah, ok. I've never used those pens before. I can't wait to see it!

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:42:01 AM »
I thought it would be fun to incorporate some calligraphy. These were created for a lettering challenge on IG. You know, lime green is kinda hard to capture in mediocre lighting.