Author Topic: Hello and happy holidays! :)  (Read 551 times)

Offline mitsugi

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello and happy holidays! :)
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
Hi, everyone, and happy December!

I joined this forum a few months back, but never bothered writing an introduction. Why I'm doing this after n months at 3AM, I can't begin to explain. But here I am. Hello!

It seems like most everyone here is artistic and I feel horribly out of place. Haha. I'm a business major with nary a creative bone in my body. I hobby jump constantly, though, and ta-da! I landed on calligraphy. I joined the forum to check out Erica's lessons (which have helped tremendously, by the way. Erica, if you happen to read this, I'd like to thank you immensely!).

A couple of months ago, in an effort to practice my fledgling calligraphy, I joined postcrossing.com and became active with snail-mail-related things (mostly postcards, just recently branching out into penpalling). I so enjoyed (and got completely overwhelmed by) snail mail that I couldn't keep up with practice, and my calligraphy fell to the wayside, defeating the whole purpose of my venturing into snail mail in the first place. I hope to resume practicing, though, as my horrible copperplate has only gotten worse. Haha.

I doubt I'll be posting anything I write because I'm self-conscious about my creative endeavors, but I think this forum is a brilliant resource full of helpful people. Thank you all for everything you do! :)

Oh, and if anyone would like to exchange postcards, letters, etc., I wouldn't say no! :) Just... yeah. Don't expect anything much on the calligraphy side.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and happy holidays! :)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
We're so happy you found us! And I think it's terrific you are exploring your creative side. I'm really glad to hear the tutorials have been helpful. Welcome to Flourish!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram