Author Topic: Chic Obliques  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
Chic Obliques
« on: January 26, 2019, 12:15:51 AM »
This is a call for information.

Last year I tried out 2 oblique holders from Edward Curran of ChicOblique on Etsy.    As the holders did not really suit my hand size (I have enormous hands!) I ended up gifting the holders to two members of this forum.   My plan was to go for one of the longer models this year.  However,  I just looked today and Etsy tells me that ChicOblique no longer exists on the site.

Does anyone know if Edward has ceased trading, has moved his store elsewhere, or is going to continue on Etsy?

(I don't have an email address to ask him directly)

Cheers,

Dave

Offline KristinT

• View Profile
Re: Chic Obliques
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 03:09:31 AM »
It looks like Chic Obliques has its own website here:

http://www.chicoblique.co.uk/index.html

The "Contact Us" page includes two phone numbers and an email address.  Please let us know what you find out!  I've heard a lot about these pens, so it's alarming to see the store gone from Etsy!

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:13:09 AM »
Thanks @KristinT good find and quite a relief.  Now I know where to go!  ;D

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 07:53:49 AM »
Yes, @Edward has launched his own site. Thanks @KristinT;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Edward

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Curran Calligraphy
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:24:28 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Yes I have my own website now! It's taken me forever and a day to get it up and running all my own coding so it's probably full of glitches.
I have set up a discount code for anyone on here who may be interested in purchasing one of my pens. The code is ' Flourish123 ' you put this in at the checkout and you'll get 20% off the price!

All good, keep practicing!

Edward

Offline Edward

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Curran Calligraphy
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
This is a call for information.

Last year I tried out 2 oblique holders from Edward Curran of ChicOblique on Etsy.    As the holders did not really suit my hand size (I have enormous hands!) I ended up gifting the holders to two members of this forum.   My plan was to go for one of the longer models this year.  However,  I just looked today and Etsy tells me that ChicOblique no longer exists on the site.

Does anyone know if Edward has ceased trading, has moved his store elsewhere, or is going to continue on Etsy?

(I don't have an email address to ask him directly)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave, I think we need to measure your hands just to see exactly what size will fit. If you contact my via my email which is ' [email protected] ' I'll send you some info to get the perfect measurements!  Edward

Offline Edward

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Curran Calligraphy
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
Hi All,

Forget the Flourish code.....new code will take 40% off all my pens on my new website!   new code is ' newweb123 '

Edward

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 06:11:36 AM »
Hi Dave, I think we need to measure your hands just to see exactly what size will fit. If you contact my via my email which is ' [email protected] ' I'll send you some info to get the perfect measurements!  Edward

It's a nice sentiment but I don't think calligraphy is the right hobby for me.  Thinking of disposing of the holders I have, some have gone already.

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »

It's a nice sentiment but I don't think calligraphy is the right hobby for me.  Thinking of disposing of the holders I have, some have gone already.
It will be sad if you do decide to leave! However, I do understand hobbies can come and go as time progresses, I myself have given up a couple hobbies because I thought they weren't for me. Hope you find whatever you are looking for in the end! Good luck  :)

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »
Hi All,

Forget the Flourish code.....new code will take 40% off all my pens on my new website!   new code is ' newweb123 '

Edward

That's incredibly generous, thank you Edward!

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 05:30:31 AM »
There are some stunning pens on the site right now.  Really worth a look. Fabulous marriage of materials!  ;D

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »
Lovely pens on the site and fabulous collection.
It is really worth owning one and although I am not great at writing with pen holders, this add could definitely make me more influence into writing and improve my hand.