General Categories > Inktober 2022

DAY 29 - 2022: Uh-Oh

(1/3) > >>

Erica McPhee:
Love this word. Can’t wait to see others’ interpretations!

AnasaziWrites:

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on October 29, 2022, 12:13:12 PM ---Love this word. Can’t wait to see others’ interpretations!

--- End quote ---
@Erica McPhee
Hah! Just about to post mine--we think alike on this one.

AnasaziWrites:
Lots of uh-oh's here. Dittography in the Erica envelope, haplography in the Lupfer piece, misspelling misnumering, blobs, upsidedown envelopes, wrong addressee, wrong address, running out of space on an envelope or piece, smudges, and on and on. I have a whole box of this stuff. The Odom envelope took 4 tries (the record is seven). I save this stuff to practice using different inks on similar envelopes. Sometimes "uh-oh turns into oh s#*@. I should have stopped the Lupfer pice after themistake i line one, but didn't beccaus that mistake was correctable. Not so in the last line--couldn't fit the "and" in before running out of space. Atleast I wasn't working on vellum, like the old scribes.

And then there is the intentional mistake (uh-oh) meant to send a message, as in one of my earlier Inktober posts, meant to say that it's ok to post something with a mistake, or something that is not "perfect." or even good. You all were too kind not to mention it. (That will be corrected after the end of Inkvent 2022.)

Cyril Jayant:

--- Quote from: AnasaziWrites on October 29, 2022, 12:36:03 PM ---Lots of uh-oh's here. Dittography in the Erica envelope, haplography in the Lupfer piece, misspelling misnumering, blobs, upsidedown envelopes, wrong addressee, wrong address, running out of space on an envelope or piece, smudges, and on and on. I have a whole box of this stuff. The Odom envelope took 4 tries (the record is seven). I save this stuff to practice using different inks on similar envelopes. Sometimes "uh-oh turns into oh s#*@. I should have stopped the Lupfer pice after themistake i line one, but didn't beccaus that mistake was correctable. Not so in the last line--couldn't fit the "and" in before running out of space. Atleast I wasn't working on vellum, like the old scribes.

Lovely one Mike !!!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Erica McPhee on October 29, 2022, 12:13:12 PM ---Love this word. Can’t wait to see others’ interpretations!

--- End quote ---

Great one and very expressive .  ;D

tiffany.c.a:
Erica - so funny, and maybe a little de-stressing to throw some ink around? Have been loving all your flourishes.

Anasazi - I think the way you handled adding “and” still looks very nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version