Author Topic: Hello from Paris!  (Read 651 times)

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
Hello from Paris!
« on: June 12, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm excited to join you on this lovely forum!

My name is Lucie and I live in Paris. I'm 32 years old and work as a caregiver in the hospital. Among other things, I like to muse on how calligraphy could be part of an art therapy program for very sick patients.

I have been learning calligraphy on and off in the past years. I picked it up again a few months ago, after a very busy period in my life, and I intend to keep it up... forever!

I am very introspective and like pointing out how the blocks and breakthroughs in my calligraphy journey teach me about myself and about life in general.

I also like comparing the process of learning calligraphy with the process of learning a musical instrument (I have been learning the Celtic harp for a year and a half.

Also, I overthink stuff... a lot! Feel free to remind me when I'm doing it haha.

That said, I'm grateful there's a place for calligraphy enthusiasts to meet and share, and I am incredibly happy to join you here.

Cheers from Paris!

Lucie
Oh crêpe!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Paris!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 09:51:54 PM »
Hi Lucie!
It sounds like we have much in common. I like your idea of using calligraphy as a therapy program. So introspective about your learning process. I love that. Welcome to Flourish!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

ash0kgiri

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 10:33:46 AM »
I like to muse on how calligraphy could be part of an art therapy program for very sick patients.

I love this idea of therapy for patients of all age groups. During my workshops one of my student was a psychologist and i had bounced off this idea if it would mean anything. I was surprised to hear that it could be surely used as part of therapy and it can be quite effective.

Hope you have a good time here Lucie. Welcome to this awesome forum. Feel free to ask if you need anything!

Ash

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »
Salut Lucie!! Enchanté et bien venu!!!!
Nice story and writing is a great therapy. In many ways writing could adapt to heal the mind body and soul and it is scientifically proven. There are few books on the subject.
Calligraphy, Music, Photography and some form of art are known to have tested.They all work in many different ways on many people.

It is good to be here and you have the chance meet many like minded people.

Bonjour et bien venu!!!!

-Cyril

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 02:00:40 PM »
Thank you all for your kind messages! I look forward to being more active on this forum :)
Oh crêpe!

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 01:32:49 PM »
...  I am very introspective and like pointing out how the blocks and breakthroughs in my calligraphy journey teach me about myself and about life in general ...

... I also like comparing the process of learning calligraphy with the process of learning a musical instrument (I have been learning the Celtic harp for a year and a half ...

Welcome, @Lucie Y!  It is wonderful to hear you are "in the business" of caring for people.  Everyone needs love and compassion.  Your "introspective" and learning about life through the challenging learning process is a very loud echo of my own experience.

AND, although I've played Celtic/Irish harp for many years, my penmanship learning has only been for the same year and a half of your musical one!  AND (again), yes, SO many parallels to learning a musical instrument!!

Hoping you find as much help and encouragement on this forum as I have.  May your life unfold gently, with ease,
~Karl
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:35:11 PM by Zivio »
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 10:17:16 AM »
Thank you Karl!

Lovely to know there is another celtic harp enthusiast on the forum. Somehow I feel calligraphy and Celtic harp go well together. I get similar vibes from both these activities.

All the best and see you on the forum!  :D

Lu
Oh crêpe!