Author Topic: Hello from Round Rock, TX  (Read 484 times)

Offline AjayBadri

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Round Rock, TX
« on: August 28, 2022, 04:11:31 PM »
Hello Fellow Flourishers :)

My name is Ajay and I recently joined the forum.  Lifelong handwriting, pen and ink obsessive.  Calligraphy and lettering practice started around a year and a half ago.  Discovered an entirely new class of pens, inks, papers and styles to obsess over.  Been bad for the wallet, but very rewarding for the soul :-).

I cast the net wide in terms of styles that I practice.  Currently practicing Copperplate, Italics, Uncial and Ronde in earnest.  Spencerian and modern calligraphy on occasion.  Calligraphy is an unforgiving mistress where we are judged by the smallest mistakes.  Like everyone who ever ventures into this art form, I live and die by the shake of my hand and position of the wrist and the missing breath.  But, I take it in stride and turn the page - literally and figuratively.

I strive for the clear mind and how long I can sustain it in a session.  The marks on the page tell the story :-).

I don't take myself too seriously and love to look at great work.  Gives me something to shoot for, knowing that I may never get there...

Ajay

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Round Rock, TX
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 11:19:36 AM »
Hi Ajay,
I enjoyed reading this. So true - the practice of calligraphy. So happy to have you join us. Welcome!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 07:52:13 PM »
Greetings, Ajay!

It is always a joy to see someone newly join the forum and for us to learn about life from others' perspectives and experience!  Thank you for sharing some of yours.

No doubt you will find here the "great work" and inspiration you love.  My eye serendipitously went from your introductory post to the first words in Erica's profile tagline:  Be Brave.  A good word for us all, as well as Love Life!:)

~Karl
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline AjayBadri

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 12:14:46 PM »
Thank you very much Erica and Zivio for your warm welcomes.  Being brave is a pre-requisite to practice calligraphy and love for life is the gift calligraphy bestows on practitioners who approach the art as a journey and not a destination.

P.S.  Who am I kidding? I am firmly planted in journey and likely to linger there for a long, long time.  So, if life gives you lemons, make some lemonade.  Better yet, embark on a journey  ;)