Author Topic: Please RIGHT if I'm WRONG - Copperplate  (Read 55439 times)

ash0kgiri

Re: Please RIGHT if I'm WRONG - Copperplate
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:56 AM »
06th August '17
Hunt 101, Walnut Ink on Bond paper

ash0kgiri

« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2018, 06:55:20 AM »
08th August '17

ash0kgiri

« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
13th August '17

ash0kgiri

« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:25 AM »
14th August '17

ash0kgiri

« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »
MY HEART...
It's been long that I have posted anything in here. And how surprised Im to see that this thread still remains the most viewed and the most liked in this section.
Here are the details if you want to know -
@arm.pen
Ink: Walnut Ink with Pearl Ex
Nib: Hunt 101
Paper: 300 GSM (unknown)
Size: 12x18

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
So happy to see your work here again @ash0kgiri ! You are certainly an inspiration to all. As I refine my Engrosser’s Script your hashtag #seriousaboutcopperplate always sticks in my head. You are a true testament to hard work and careful study. Thank you for inspiring so many!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

ash0kgiri

« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »
Thank you so much @Erica McPhee! This is my home and it will always be my first love! This is were it all started 4 yrs back. And surely time flies by. This year I would have also met you in Atlanta. :( Im yet to give back in many more ways to this society and especially this awesome forum. Thank you again Erica! You are truly genius!!!

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Re: Please RIGHT if im WRONG
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2020, 05:44:12 PM »
It might be a good idea to pick an exemplar you like and then work towards it. After a while you will be able to write both formal and not-so-formal Copperplate but in the beginning it helps to focus on one.

Regards,
Salman

I see the wisdom in this approach.  And in learning to critique my own work versus looking to others to do so.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2022, 09:17:58 PM »
Is it ok to post on a topic that has been inactive for a while?

I just wanted to say this thread is awesome. It is super encouraging to see you improve over the years, and interesting to see the back and forth exchanges with the various members.
I think you are pretty daring from the beginning, writing long texts even though your alphabet isn't perfect yet. And a few years later your work is gorgeous!
This is very encouraging to me because I tend to get fixated on the drills and never want to do longer text before my technique is perfect, which obviously it never is.

Question: I see in the very beginning that you have been using graph paper. I like the idea. Do you recommend it? I like the idea of having a visual of every millimeter on the page (control freak speaking).

I hope you are having a great time creating beautiful artwork. And please keep posting on this thread, it's a great source of encouragement!

All the best,

Lucie
Oh crêpe!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2022, 01:52:35 AM »
Yes! Always ok to bring up old posts.

This is a fabulous thread and as you can see extremely popular. Ashok has become one of the premier Copperplate artists of today. He is, as he states, “serious about Copperplate.” And it shows. His very careful study paid off and his work is masterful.

You can see a dramatic improvement when he switched to Baird’s examplars. This is really important as your own work will reflect the quality of the exemplar from which you study and learn.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

ash0kgiri

« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2022, 08:07:04 PM »
This is very encouraging to me because I tend to get fixated on the drills and never want to do longer text before my technique is perfect, which obviously it never is.

Hi Lucie,
Thank you so much for such kind words and I'm so happy that you sparked a fire on this topic! I would really like to thank this Forum and @Erica for offering such a wonderful platform.

To answer your question first. The graph paper was not a deliberate idea. I was not aware of which paper to use and I used what I had handy. Unfortunately it didn't work for me as you can see.

I always have loved to write long texts but i equally focused on the 'Letterforms'. The idea here is no matter how long you write, focus on each letterform, it's like joining lego block.

You have a great time here. Explore as much and most importantly be hungry for more. Its an awesome community and everyone here is to offer help if you need it.

TC

ash0kgiri

« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2022, 08:48:17 PM »
You can see a dramatic improvement when he switched to Baird’s examplars. This is really important as your own work will reflect the quality of the exemplar from which you study and learn.  :-*

Thank you so much Erica for your constant love and support. Exemplars are really important and what they do is help you get into 'Study' practice mode instead of just practice. Let me thank @Salman Khattak from the bottom of my heart for holding my hand throughout and believing in me.

I will start posting here again, Im curious to know if I can post videos too?

Thanks,
Ash

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2022, 10:56:12 AM »
Great! Yes, you can post videos but I have always done it via YouTube. You can also share links to your videos on Instagram by using the three dots in the upper right and copying the link and then using the URL button in the post.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ashley K

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 13, 2022, 10:03:39 PM »
This thread is so inspiring! It is really encouraging to see the journeys of others. These pieces are so beautiful ❤❤❤

ash0kgiri

« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2022, 11:07:38 PM »
Hello everyone,
As I said I will start posting here again. This was a pictorial flourishing work done a while ago and I thought it would be interesting to share it here. I will be also sharing more detail study or letters and letterforms in 'Engrossers script'! Feel free to ask comment and let me know if you want me to post anything specific which can help you in your Engrossers Script / Copperplate Journey.

Lets begin by saying #seriousaboutcopperplate !

Keep writing!

Ash