General Categories > Brush Calligraphy

Colorful brush calligraphy!

(1/2) > >>

I have a secret: I actually prefer brush calligraphy over pointed pen! Haha! It's easier on my hands (my hands fatigue very easily ;A;) and I have loved watercolors ever since I was a kid (it was only now that I seriously started painting with it). Anyway, these are free hand, and were inspired by instagram user @thewordaffair I love her works!

Tools are
brushes: Pentel Aquash in Fine, Kuretake H2O brush in detailer tip, and a 000 synthetic watercolor brush
watercolors: ShinHan Pass in Opera, Sakura Mat watercolors, Nicker Gouache in Red Violet
paper: Canson 200 gsm (cheap but not the best; good for practic though)

Estrella:
Very nice! I like the color combos and effects!
Note to self: I have got to make time to play with my watercolor pans and aquash pens and brushes!

Bianca M:
Fun! Love the colors!

Thank you for the lovely comments! I still have a long way to go though! I'm working on my consistency so that I can write quotes next time, and not just single words  ;D

--- Quote from: Estrella Garibay on December 16, 2015, 01:52:53 PM ---Note to self: I have got to make time to play with my watercolor pans and aquash pens and brushes!

--- End quote ---

Estrella, yes, please do! Love the point of the aquash fine! Its long bristles are also perfect for long, breezy lettering such as the one I have done :) When mixing colors, Kat (@thewordaffair) advised to press the barrel so that the colors would flow into each other nicely ^V^

rabbitship:

--- Quote from: Camille on December 16, 2015, 09:39:57 PM ---When mixing colors, Kat (@thewordaffair) advised to press the barrel so that the colors would flow into each other nicely ^V^

--- End quote ---

So that's the secret! I've been wondering how for the longest time! Thanks for sharing, plus, your ombre effect is lovely! (:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version