Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Blooming Landscaping
« Last post by K-2 on Today at 03:52:11 PM »
lol. "Springtime" in the Northland (3 May) on one of our first days of really sunny, warm weather! It hit 60F today! Tomorrow it's back down to 50F and raining. But they say Spring moves north 5 miles a day, so we usually get our peonies in July.
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Handhold
« Last post by Ken Fraser on Today at 07:51:23 AM »
This is an oblique penholder in a tripod handhold. With the shaft resting on the large knuckle, the nib is at a perfect angle in relation to the paper surface. If the shaft is down in the hollow of the hand the nib is too flat to the paper and writing is less controllable IMHO.
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Blooming Landscaping
« Last post by Ken Fraser on Today at 07:43:21 AM »
Beautiful lettering to perfectly complement the gorgeous flowers.
2024 Exchanges / Re: Perpetual Exchange 2024 - Info & Sign Up
« Last post by Erica McPhee on May 01, 2024, 09:37:17 PM »
Yay!  ;D We’ve got a few signed up already. So glad you will be joining us!  :-*
2024 Exchanges / Re: Perpetual Exchange 2024 - Info & Sign Up
« Last post by passionforwriting on May 01, 2024, 08:00:18 PM »
Woohoo!! Soo glad the exchange is back on and can't wait to swap with everyone! Thank you for all your work Erica!   :)
Love that! They don’t call it the “Inter-net” for nothing.  :-*
Such a pretty holder.

The first time I saw this holder was last year.
Where did you see it, Mark?
I'll tell me.
I joined facebook so as to join a certain medical forum/group or whatever it is called. After joining, I was also told that there would be a calligraphy site/forum/group on facebook, just need to find it, so I went looking. The first place I found (awesome place called 'Copperplate script for all) uses the above pen as their logo. So I went reading the whatever it is called, and after scrolling down was when I read what somebody had written. The author couldn't praise Mr Fraser any higher even if they wished to. Obviously, prior to that reading I had no idea who Mr Fraser was, only that if I had the chance to see his writing(s) then grab the opportunity. Well, shortly after that I had the fortune to find this forum and I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the name of the author of many threads.
They say (don't know who they are, but,.....) that if you wait long enough your luck changes - I don't know about that 'cos I've played the bloody lottery every week since 1994 and the most I have ever won is £120.00 and even then I had to share it with my sons and wife - but I didn't wait long to find Mr Frasers writings, and all I can say, is, I am so thankful, and to add, whilst this threads original posting shows a pretty pen, I daresay that the OP could write with a sharpened broom handle and the writings would be graceful to say the least.
This thread is helpful, as looking at Brian Smiths beautiful pens reminds me to send a request for a pen to be handmade by Adam.

Mark
Copperplate, Engrosser's Script, Roundhand Calligraphy / Re: Exceptional penholder
« Last post by JanisTX on April 30, 2024, 08:15:42 PM »
That’s beautiful lettering and also a beautiful nib holder!

I hope that you are well and happy! 

Janis
2024 Exchanges / Perpetual Exchange #4 | Holiday 2024
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 30, 2024, 07:06:15 PM »
Holiday Exchange 2024

Holiday Cheer or a Happy New Year – send a festive holiday greeting!

Opt out by:  Nov 18, 2024
PostMark Date by: Dec 13, 2024

Please reply below if you need to opt out of this exchange. (Note: This is for registered exchange members only. See Perpetual Exchange Post for further info.
2024 Exchanges / Perpetual Exchange #3 | Halloween/Day of the Dead 2024
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 30, 2024, 07:04:55 PM »
Halloween /Day of the Dead 2024
Spooky or sweet – send your flourish friend a calligraphic treat!

Opt out by: Sep 23, 2024
PostMark Date: Oct 18, 2024

Please reply below if you need to opt out of this exchange. (Note: This is for registered exchange members only. See Perpetual Exchange Post for further info.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10