Author Topic: Is there a way to "bookmark" or "save" a post?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Is there a way to "bookmark" or "save" a post?
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:25:20 PM »
I found many amazing posts in this forum that I would like to "keep" it in some way with my account. So I can access all the posts I "saved" by going to a certain page.
I'm really new here so I'm not familiar with all the functions of this forum. Would be glad to know if such a function exists or not!
Thanks for any help in advance :)

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
Re: Is there a way to "bookmark" or "save" a post?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
Perhaps there is a way, but if not, I have sent myself posts before ("send this topic" option).  I guess if you do it a lot, you can have an email folder for the posts.  Obviously it's not as efficient as having it within the forum.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:18:00 PM »
I think Bianca has a good idea. There is a mod for the forum which allows bookmarking but it conflicted with one of our other mods (can’t remember which one now). However, with that said, I will do a little research and see if anyone has written any new code in the past couple years to address it.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:54:24 PM »
Perhaps there is a way, but if not, I have sent myself posts before ("send this topic" option).  I guess if you do it a lot, you can have an email folder for the posts.  Obviously it's not as efficient as having it within the forum.
That's a really good idea! Never knew about this bofore, thank you.

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
I think Bianca has a good idea. There is a mod for the forum which allows bookmarking but it conflicted with one of our other mods (can’t remember which one now). However, with that said, I will do a little research and see if anyone has written any new code in the past couple years to address it.  :)
Thank you Erica for checking this out! I think Bianca's method should be very suitable for my purpose. But if you do find anything else, please let know!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 09:31:47 AM »
I found many amazing posts in this forum that I would like to "keep" it in some way with my account. So I can access all the posts I "saved" by going to a certain page.
I'm really new here so I'm not familiar with all the functions of this forum. Would be glad to know if such a function exists or not!
@Wonderer
Well, here's a "hack" if you will, that will enable you to recall all the posts you wish right here on the forum.
Pick a group of letters (and numbers if you like) that will not be likely to ever be in a post, say like rtp4me, and use that alphanumeric in a reply to the post you wish to recall later. Use the search box (upper left) and type in rtp4me, and it will bring up all the posts you have used this alphanumeric in, essentially tagging them all (your search will show all these posts, andnecessariy the posts to which you replied (and wanted to save).

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
That's pretty smart! The only thing I'm worried about is being treated like spams :P
@Wonderer
Well, here's a "hack" if you will, that will enable you to recall all the posts you wish right here on the forum.
Pick a group of letters (and numbers if you like) that will not be likely to ever be in a post, say like rtp4me, and use that alphanumeric in a reply to the post you wish to recall later. Use the search box (upper left) and type in rtp4me, and it will bring up all the posts you have used this alphanumeric in, essentially tagging them all (your search will show all these posts, andnecessariy the posts to which you replied (and wanted to save).

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 12:50:10 PM »
Just an update, I found a tool called Google Keep that is also very handy for the bookmarking purpose. I used a chrome extension so whenever I see a post I want to save, I simply click on the icon and it will be saved in my "notebook". You can also categorize the posts and make additional notes on each post. Link to Google Keep: https://keep.google.com/

Hope this helps!

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 02:00:57 PM »
Clever!  I had considered bookmarking in my browser, but Google Keep seems better because you can access it from any computer by signing in.  I recently lost all of my bookmarks, ugh!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »
Very clever ideas! I will still try to find a bookmark but those both sound like good options for the time being.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Wonderer

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 09:39:42 PM »
Clever!  I had considered bookmarking in my browser, but Google Keep seems better because you can access it from any computer by signing in.  I recently lost all of my bookmarks, ugh!
Glad that helped! Google is pretty reliable when it comes to syncing stuff with the account haha. I find labeling super helpful because now I can categorize posts based on the scripts and purposes!