Author Topic: End of Inktober PARTYYYYY  (Read 692 times)

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
End of Inktober PARTYYYYY
« on: November 02, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
I don't know guys, I feel like there needed to be a thread to wrap up this month of awesomeness.
So here it is, post whatever you like  ;D
Oh crêpe!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
Re: End of Inktober PARTYYYYY
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 04:50:32 PM »
Nice idea, Lucie.
I am already looking forward to next year’s, hopefully.
In the meantime, I think I’ll keep trying to make more manageable calligraphy goals, and aim for consistency.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 06:29:55 PM »
Great idea! I have been so inspired by the work everyone produced this month. And the proof is really in the pudding - every single one showed significant improvement. That is meaningful. Consistency!

And it was so delightful to get to know everyone on a more personal level. It’s been the highlight of my day checking in throughout the day to see new posts. Hope we can find new ways to keep the momentum going.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 01:48:43 PM »
Congratulations and thank you, fellow Inktoberists!
@Zivio @Lucie Y @tiffany.c.a @InkyFingers @AnasaziWrites @Erica McPhee -- and to everyone else that popped in to give us a "like" and a kind word of encouragement.

Also, a very heartfelt thank you, with deep appreciation to Erica for having created such a wonderful community here.

It was so cool seeing everyone's personality come out a little bit!  Cherish your daughter's littleness, Lucie - I know people say it goes by really fast, but also some days are faster than others.  Hey, Inky, we eat snakes with my family in Taiwan too! And to those who haven't had snake - if you don't think eel is that weird to eat, you can think of snake as land eel.

As Mike is showing us over at "Word of the Day" - we can keep going and showing regular practice.  I'm going to make it a goal to pop in there more often to keep up my Copperplate practice, since I'm starting to get some confidence about it.  Karl - shall we expect to keep seeing your work there too?  How about others?

And if you don't want to wait for next year's Inktober, I'm going to put up an Inkvent thread in the "supplies" area pretty soon.  Even if you don't get the Diamine Inkvent 2022 set, you can still post with your favorite colored inks!

--yours truly, K

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 05:22:27 PM »
Congratulations and thank you, fellow Inktoberists!
@Zivio @Lucie Y @tiffany.c.a @InkyFingers @AnasaziWrites @Erica McPhee -- and to everyone else that popped in to give us a "like" and a kind word of encouragement.

Also, a very heartfelt thank you, with deep appreciation to Erica for having created such a wonderful community here.

It was so cool seeing everyone's personality come out a little bit!  Cherish your daughter's littleness, Lucie - I know people say it goes by really fast, but also some days are faster than others.  Hey, Inky, we eat snakes with my family in Taiwan too! And to those who haven't had snake - if you don't think eel is that weird to eat, you can think of snake as land eel.

As Mike is showing us over at "Word of the Day" - we can keep going and showing regular practice.  I'm going to make it a goal to pop in there more often to keep up my Copperplate practice, since I'm starting to get some confidence about it.  Karl - shall we expect to keep seeing your work there too?  How about others?

And if you don't want to wait for next year's Inktober, I'm going to put up an Inkvent thread in the "supplies" area pretty soon.  Even if you don't get the Diamine Inkvent 2022 set, you can still post with your favorite colored inks!

--yours truly, K
@K-2
Well looky here--this package just arrived seconds ago--I saw the amazon truck pull away. I tried to order a little sumpin sumpin at Pen Chalet, waiting until Nov. 4 (National fountain Pen Day) to get that 10% discount, but on the day, they were sold out. What to do? Why, order it on Amazon and have it delivered the next day! What could it be? I won't know until the 29th. My wife said it is very hard to buy something for my birthday, and so volunteered to get this, which will remain under lock and key until then. So until then, we shall just have to wonder. And wait. Impatiently.

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 07:39:53 PM »
@Lucie Y late, but nevertheless, unlike in Inktober, you get more than one word out of me. What’d you put in the punch bowl?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:22:37 AM by Zivio »
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 08:57:10 AM »
@Zivio I'm late to the party too. And my husband being from French Guyana, I put a lot of that delicious Rhum in the bowl. Ti Punch anyone?

I've been meaning to post here for a while. But for one I'm so darn tired and my one year old won't let me stare at a screen for more than 5 seconds. And then I'm also kind of digesting Inktober. It was a great experience with a creative breakthrough for me (finding out about my personal style), leaving me wondering "where do I go from here?".
It's been great getting to know everyone and following everyone's Inktober journeys. I feel like I just spent a few days with a bunch of friends :)
I hope everyone is doing well and is having a great month of November.
@K-2 I'll be looking out for your thread!

See you around the forum, friends  :)
Oh crêpe!