Author Topic: Cards for Mother's Day [Modern/Contemporary Calligraphy]  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
Re: Cards for Mother's Day [Modern/Contemporary Calligraphy]
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »
Linda, I know I'm late on the bandwagon, but I was just reading through some old posts and stumbled upon this...you have a gift!!! I am in awe of all the different "hands" you're able to write in, bravo!!!! (if I were to get something like this for mother's day, I would seriously cry.)

Hehe, thanks for digging this up Sarah. I love to try different scripts and have fun with them, but I end up being a "scribe of all trades, master of none!" I know the basics of about 7(?) different calligraphy styles, but barely scratched the surface on ANY of them. I have to stop learning new scripts and really refine the ones I know. It's gonna take YEARS :-[

And belated "thank you" to Erica & Stefanie <3

Offline Jakmo1935

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

I am afflicted by the same disease! I was more of a broad edge fan, but after 33 yrs discovered pointed pen work about six months ago. Honestly, I thought pointed pen was above my skill level (I find it more difficult to do well, than any other hand I have tried.) but... It has me captivated and I will  persevere.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:11:08 PM by Jakmo1935 »
a voice, crying in the wilderness.

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:45 PM »
Yessir! Here's to a lifetime of learning for all of us. This is why I love calligraphy - we never stop learning  :D