Author Topic: Give Me Your Heart Valentine Exchange 2017  (Read 15247 times)

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
Re: Give Me Your Heart Valentine Exchange 2017
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
I received a letter today... and my heart sank.  It was just such beautifully addressed envelope, that it made me realise just how genuinely awful my hand is.  I really, truly feel sorry for the members on my exchange list.

On a more positive front, this at least gives me a clearer idea of how to approach these things... you know, for next time!

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »
@Empty_of_Clouds What?! No! Don't feel sorry for your work! Any effort you make is worth it. These exchanges are not competitions. A range of skill levels is anticipated, but nothing is expected. All that is asked is that we try. And if what you did was the best you had this time around (skill, health, busy...life happens), then that's just perfect. It's all for fun, personal growth and getting to know fellow calli friends :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:38:43 PM by Starlee »
Star

Offline Sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 09:18:38 PM »
Hello List 3: in addition to my family member having surgery last Monday, my father was admitted to the hospital on Friday for a heart attack. Hence, I've been at the hospital all this time. The good news is that I am completing my pieces right now and they will be in the mail tomorrow. Dad was released from ICU today and is doing better. He's 92 and just last week was on his roof of his two story house on a hill cleaning the gutters.   :o

Offline Angelabcdefgh

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 11:36:28 PM »
@Empty_of_Clouds please don't be discouraged! Every effort you make is worth a lot. When i was writing the envelope, i also felt like that, but the good things is that we could always practice more. After all i believe the exchange was more like a time to make friends with fellow calligrafriends rather than showing off our skills

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 01:45:15 AM »
I was simply stunned by how high the standard is... and how much further I have to go to reach that standard.  It was quite a revelation. To bear in mind that calligraphy is not exactly very common here, so I don't have much exposure except for on the internet.

Brilliant stuff from other members. Really brilliant!  :D

Offline fridzleah

• Live Laugh Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »
List 5: I forgot to tell, I've already sent the mails ;) ...have to warn you, don't expect too much, I haven't practice well this past month plus just recovered from sickness...  :-\ ;D ;) Thanks!
~ freida
http://instagram.com/fridzleah
~ Sanguine Wanderer ~

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 03:06:40 PM »
My mailbox was FULL of beautiful Valentine's today!!!! Thank you everyone. My heart is now full, too!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 03:07:56 PM »
@Sharon My goodness - you are having a bad month! I hope your dad and family member continue to improve. Much love to you and yours.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
@Sharon My goodness - you are having a bad month! I hope your dad and family member continue to improve. Much love to you and yours.  :-*

Thank you Erica. Luckily the bomb threat at work leading up to this was only a hoax. Yikes, it has been a month!

Offline claire lander

• waves_and_grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:15 AM »
@Sharon gosh you poor thing, it sounds like it has been a hard time. Your Dad sounds like a hero - I bet he drives you all mad cleaning gutters and all sorts! I hope all is well now.

@Empty_of_Clouds goodness please don't feel that way, everyone loves to receive everyone else's unique work - it is a learning curve, and we will always compare ourselves, I know it is easy to say not to and less easy to do - I bet your exchange was great. And if you keep a record of it - I find Instagram so handy in this respect, it is really encouraging to see your own improvement as the time passes. It is such a lovely way of building friendships across the globe too :-)

@fridzleah , I hope you are feeling better now - don't worry at all about lateness, it doesn't matter a jot... looking forward to receiving your beautiful work :-)

@Mabel, aw thanks so much, so glad you have received!

Looking forward to the next one now! :-)

Claire x

Best, Claire
dreamer...

ash0kgiri

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »
Update for all the Dear members on List 2. Today I posted all the envelopes for the exchange. Was caught up with work and some family matters.
Apologies for the delay. I hope everyone receives it. Have posted few extra ones apart from the list sent. Here's a glimpse of them. Will post detailed images once everyone on the list receives them :D

- Ashok
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:36:43 PM by ash0kgiri »

Offline Brookeemcdonald

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • inky fingers calligraphy
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Hi list 4! I meant to post this last week on Wednesday when I finally got my exgange in the mail. I apologize for lateness especially to my international friends @little_art_suite and  @The.SardaarJi. But they are on thier way! Happy Valentines Day to all!

Brooke

Offline The.SardaarJi

• View Profile
    • GurmukhiCalliGraohy
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 03:29:54 AM »
Hello @Brookeemcdonald

No worries, ;o) I am looking forward for the letter ..

Regards
Aman

Hi list 4! I meant to post this last week on Wednesday when I finally got my exgange in the mail. I apologize for lateness especially to my international friends @little_art_suite and  @The.SardaarJi. But they are on thier way! Happy Valentines Day to all!

Brooke
A bird is safe in its nest - but that is not what its wings are made for.
https://www.instagram.com/the.sardaarji

Offline shirleychieng

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
Oh my. I wished I had joined Flourish Forum earlier to participate in this exchange. Oh well, next year I suppose. :)
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
I've had three lovely messages so far. :D  Sadly one of them seems to have been the victim of the postman dropping it into a puddle.  :'( Such are the vagaries of the postal systems I suppose.  My work colleagues have been most intrigued - all my mail goes there - and I have had the opportunity to adopt my most coy of postures!  They are also amazed, as am I, at the beautiful handwriting.