Author Topic: Beginners Looking For Pen Pals  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Malinda L.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Beginners Looking For Pen Pals
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
Hi Friends!

I'm a beginner in calligraphy and new to the Flourish Forum. I just learned about the exchanges (Thank you Chiarag and Sarah Foutz!), and am in need of Pen Pals.

I saw that at one point Erica had suggested possibly starting a thread for beginners to post that they're looking for a Pen Pal, so I decided to follow that awesome suggestion. If you're a beginner like me, feel free to use this thread to find a Pen Pal.

With all that being said, would anyone be interested in being my Pen Pal?

I'm located in the United States in the beautiful state of North Carolina. I learned calligraphy when I was younger, but haven't done it in ages. I decided to recently pick it back up, and I can use all the practice that I can get.

I'm looking forward to sending others, what will hopefully be, beautiful writing.

Thanks and I hope that y'all have a wonderful day!

Malinda

Offline keysayanez

• Calligrapher, knitter, dancer, vegan
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Looking For Pen Pals
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »
Hi Malinda, I would be happy to receive and send you back a letter... And continúe to exchange. I still consider myself a beginner. I don't have enough time to practice and get better!
So I apologise in advance for any ugliness. I find penpals are the best to practice and would like to expand my list.
I live in Barcelona, Spain. But I'm Venezuelan and have only lived here for almost three years.

Let me know if I should send you my address here or by email. I'm also on Instagram as @ketayearim
Keysa

Offline gwenrdg

• Freshman Member
  • "There is no hurry. We shall get there someday"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
I would love to be one! Count me in Malinda! :) Just PM me your Address anytime of the day. Welcome to FF :)
Instagram: @gwenrdg

I'd love to hear any advice and critiques on my works, just drop by Need for Critique

Offline chiarag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »
Ciao! I would be very pleased To be your penpal
Can you please PM Your address?
Keep in touch
C

Offline aliceedang

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »
Hi Malinda! I'd love to be pen pals if you don't already have too many 😊 I live in Southern California.

Offline Malinda L.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:37:44 AM »
Chiarag, Aliceedang, KeySayanez, and Gwenrdg, y'all are awesome! I would love to be Pen Pals with each of you! Four sounds like a great number for me to start with! I'll PM you all my mailing address, and PM me yours as well.

Thank you all for being willing to be Pen Pals with me. I'm so excited!

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »
I live in Barcelona, Spain. But I'm Venezuelan and have only lived here for almost three years.

Hey! I though I was the only one in Spain! Glad to see I am not alone!  ;D I am from Asturias, by the way!

Still in need of Pen Pals any of you?
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Natty925

• Freshman Member
  • Instagram Natty925 & handletteringbynatalie
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
I would also love a pen pal.... Maybe one to give an idea for something to send back and forth? Quotes, movie lines, etc? Open to ideas!!

The exchanges keep me practicing and accountable, and I would love a few pen pals if anyone else is interested....  :)

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 03:56:55 AM »
I would also love a pen pal.... Maybe one to give an idea for something to send back and forth? Quotes, movie lines, etc? Open to ideas!!

The exchanges keep me practicing and accountable, and I would love a few pen pals if anyone else is interested....  :)

What about a recipe? I've read in another post that you like to cook, is that right? If you want we can be recipe-cooking-calligraphy pen pals  ;D
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline chandemic

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
Hi Friends!

I'm a beginner in calligraphy and new to the Flourish Forum. I just learned about the exchanges (Thank you Chiarag and Sarah Foutz!), and am in need of Pen Pals.

I saw that at one point Erica had suggested possibly starting a thread for beginners to post that they're looking for a Pen Pal, so I decided to follow that awesome suggestion. If you're a beginner like me, feel free to use this thread to find a Pen Pal.

With all that being said, would anyone be interested in being my Pen Pal?

I'm located in the United States in the beautiful state of North Carolina. I learned calligraphy when I was younger, but haven't done it in ages. I decided to recently pick it back up, and I can use all the practice that I can get.

I'm looking forward to sending others, what will hopefully be, beautiful writing.

Thanks and I hope that y'all have a wonderful day!

Malinda

Hi Malinda! I would like to your penpal if you don't mine a beginner writing to you! I am from NYC and I just picked up calligraphy 3 weeks ago so I need tons of practice! Let me know if you are interested!
Photography instagram: http://instagram.com/chandemic
Crafting instagram: http://instagram.com/papermementos

Offline SarahA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Sarah Alexandra Weddings, Events & Design
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 02:09:01 PM »
Hi!
Beginner here as well and would love some additional practice. I'm in Cantley, Canada (close to Ottawa). Anyone interested?

Offline Malinda L.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I hope y'all are doing well!

I just wanted to post that I have all the Pen Pals that I think I can handle for right now. Thank you to those who answered my call, I am grateful for you already!

While I have all the Pen Pals I can manage, I know there are people still in need who are using this thread, please feel free to continue to post here to find Pen Pals. It looks like there are people, willing to be Pen Pals, checking out this thread; hopefully you'll connect with Pen Pals fairly quickly.

I don't know about y'all, but I am loving The Flourish Forum Community! Y'all are so welcoming and helpful! I'm getting great information, tips, and advice from folks already!

Thanks again!

Offline leslie5874

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

I too am looking for some pen pals. PM me whomever is interested! ^_^

Offline Denise Celones

• Freshman Member
  • Given talent for His glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 08:15:20 PM »
Hi guys,

Quite a beginner here as well but I want to practice as much as I can. And it's really nice to receive a letter the traditional way. I'd like to join in this Malinda! :)

Maybe we can gather everyone's address?  :)
instagram: instagram.com/danielleden
blog: apieceofdee.blogspot.com

Offline am1x1s

• Freshman Member
  • Write it down and make it happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 02:05:48 AM »
Hey guys, please count me in  :) just PM me your addresses and i'll send you mine, i'm excited!
see you in IG: amixday